Chapter 17 - the attack from Dementors

Harriet's pov:

I was in the quidditch field, trying to catch the snitch. I felt really happy flying around in the quidditch match. This match determines which house gets the quidditch cup this year and it's going to be Slytherin. I was glad Draco and I were still in the quidditch team and Slytherin is going to win just like last year. I was flying as fast as I could to catch the snitch but Potter was catching up with me. I asked Pansy and Blaise to watch Frost fire and Hedwig while I was in today's match, Basili can't come since it is really cold today and she would just fall asleep and hibernate until the cold was over.

The snitch was flying faster than the last time I caught it and it was a little bit more tricky. When I thought I finally could catch it, Potter bumped into me on purpose and I nearly fell off my broom. Again! "Ow another close call for Harriet, she was so close in catching the snitch." The announcer said and I really, really hate Potter. "You're going to regret doing that HARRY!!" I shouted then got back on the broom and started flying faster to catch the snitch.

I started flying in a barrel roll and I saw the snitch flying under the quidditch seats. Potter and I quickly went under the quidditch seats and it was really difficult to fly through, there were wooden slabs holding the seats from falling apart. I did a few barrel rolls, I flew left, right, and up and the snitch finally came out of the seats and it started flying high up in the air. Potter couldn't keep up with the altitude I was going and I soon caught the snitch.

"And Harriet's done, she has caught the snitch and Slytherin wins again!" I heard the announcer, everyone started cheering and I smiled. I was about to go back down and celebrate with the others, when I saw something black. It was a dementor and that one was definitely a real one. "But what's this, there seems to be something in the sky with Harriet and it seems to be a...A DEMENTOR!!?" The announcer said and I was scared seeing one and I remembered what happened years ago.

I started flying down as fast I could, away from the Dementor but it started chasing me. I soon started to realize that there wasn't one Dementor, but a lot more than there were supposed to be, I started flying faster but the Dementors were after me and they weren't giving up so easily. I was wondering why Dementors were here because they usually never leave the forbidden forest unless a person had some sort of strong happiness or a dark magic fragment in their soul.

The Dementor was about to attack me, when ice came in front of it and it was from Frost fire. "Good boy." I said, then Frost fire flew by my side. "Anything for my owner." Frost fire said, then we started to fly back down to safety. "Oh thank goodness you're safe." Draco said hugging me tight. "We should probably go inside quickly." Chadson said, then everyone went back inside Hogwarts, I was very shaken from what just happened and everyone thought it was best if I stayed at the hospital wing for a while.

"Okay, what just happened back there!" Blaise said, then Hedwig flew to my side. "I don't know, but it was a good thing Frost fire came." Marcus said, and he petted Frost fire on the head. Everyone was making sure I was ok, even though I was telling them I was perfectly fine, when everyone calmed down all the Professors came through the door arguing very loudly.

"Why did the dementors come!?" I heard Dad yell out. "Harriet, was lucky that her familiar came and saved her but what about the other students?" Professor McGongall almost shouted. "If Harriet did not fly down any faster, the Dementor would have killed her." Sirius said, and that thought scared me. "Ms. Snape, I think it's best if you and your friends leave." Madam Pomfrey said, we all nodded then left the Hospital wing and went back to the common room.

When we all got back to the common room, everyone in the Slytherin quidditch team changed back into their regular wardrobe. I went to my dorm and I was greeted by Basili. "Hi Harriet, how was today's quidditch match?" Basili asked, then went up to my closet. "It was great, except the whole Dementor thing." I said, then change into something more comfy and warm. "DEMENTOR?!" Basili shouted and she is lucky I can only understand her. "I'll explain it, Harriet needs to rest." Frost fire said, and I collapsed on my bed, face first.

I was lying down on my bed for a few minutes, when I heard someone knocking on my door. "It's open." I said not getting out of bed right. "Hey Harriet, just wanted to check how you're doing." Draco said, I sat up from my bed and smiled at him. "I'm doing better, thanks." I said, then Draco sat beside me on my bed. "So what do you think might happen this year?" Draco asked and I wish I knew that.

"I have no idea, but whatever it is, we'll do it together." I said and I let my head rest on Draco's shoulder and I felt his arm on my shoulder. "Like we always do." Draco said and I smiled.