Chapter 2 - the truth

Harriet's pov:

The first day at my new home was great. I got a new room and I could read in peace without anyone knocking on my door every hour of the day. I learned how to cook for myself and dad taught me all the ways to make a potion and even a complicated potion that he was only able to master, potions are my favorite when it comes to magic. I always had a love for it.

After a few weeks of living with my new dad, I decided to tell him what I knew when Voldemort attacked, I remembered everything that happened that night because I have an eidetic memory. "So your saying Voldemort wasn't trying to kill Harry, but you instead?" Dad asked and I nodded to him. "There is also more and I want you to see more of my memory so you can see it with your own eyes," I said and dad nodded. Dad brought out his wand and said the spell that could make the person see anyone's memory. "Legitimus."

Flashback~

"How pathetic," Voldemort said, and laughed at the thought of people thinking that child was the one who could end him. "They think you are the one that is meant to be my end," Voldemort said and laughed once more.

"You have the amount of power that is less than an average wizard could have. No, you are not the chosen one." Voldemort said then he soon looked at the second crib that held a baby girl, she had black hair like a raven, and the most beautiful blue eyes anyone has ever laid eyes on. The baby girl seemed to have stayed calm when she saw Voldemort standing in front of her. The child let out a soft giggle and closed her eyes.

The girl's name is Harriet and she looked nothing like her parents, except for her lovely raven hair. "Ah yes, Harriet potter. I see the powerful magic in you, but it is blocked for some reason. You are without a doubt the most powerful and beautiful young witch I have ever laid eyes on. A true descendent of the most powerful wizards and witches, unlike your parents and family you are...special. You are the one who shall be my end...well not anymore." Voldemort said, feeling a little sorry for the girl.

He knew killing Harriet would be killing a gift from lady magic herself. It was true Voldemort didn't want to kill a newborn child with such potential but he didn't want to take any chances, he needed to make changes in the wizarding world. Voldemort brought out his wand and was about to whisper the killing curse, when he looked at Harriet's eyes one last time, to see she was smiling at him and that surprised him.

Voldemort looked away from Harriet and whispered the killing curse. "Avada Kedavra," Voldemort whispered then a bright green light shot out of his wand and hit the girl at her forehead before a dark blue light surrounded her and the curse bounced back hitting Voldemort. Voldemort let out an agonizing scream and disappeared, leaving his jet-black cloak on the floor.

End of flashback~

After we both saw my memory, I shivered at remembering I nearly died that day. I looked at dad and he was lost in thoughts for a moment. "What did he mean when he said that your magic is blocked?" Dad asked and I shrugged a little. "That's what I've been trying to find out. I asked Lily and James if I could go to Gringotts and ask if I could find out if some of my magic was blocked but they said no." I said and Dad thought for a moment.

"Come, we have to get to the bottom of this," Dad said and I nodded, me and Dad soon went to Gringotts and met a goblin writing on a typewriter. "May I help you?" The goblin asked and we nodded. "We are here to sort out some problems my daughter has, I believe that her magic is blocked for some reason," Dad said and Goblin looked up from the typewriter.

"We would also like an inheritance test to be sure on the bloodline she has," Dad said and Goblin thought for a moment and nodded. "Follow me." The Goblin said then we followed him to an office that had Ragnok in. "Professor Snape, what can I do for you?" Ragnok asked, raising an eyebrow. "They are here to find out if Ms. Snape's magic is blocked and are also here for an inheritance test as well." The goblin said, then Ragnok was confused when the Goblin said "Ms. Snape."