Chapter 19 - A friend or an traitor

Draco's pov:

Me, Harriet, Pansy, and Blaise were outside at the courtyard, when Hedwig and Owlbert came and gave Harriet a live old rat. "Why did they bring you that?" Pansy asked, then Harriet just shrugged. "Don't know, but I just hope this guy doesn't have an owner, because if he did we would be in so much trouble." Harriet said and she was right.

Harriet put the rat down and he didn't seem to leave. "You know he looks oddly familiar." Harriet said and I was confused. "What do you mean?" Blasie asked curiously. "I don't know, but he kinda reminds me of someone." Harriet said, and then fed the rat some blueberries. The rat soon left and it...waved goodbye to us? Then left. "Weird morning?" Pansy asked and we all nodded.

A little while later Hagrid told us all to bring our familiar or pets to the forest for a bonding exercise, I brought Owlbert with me, Harriet brought Frost fire, Blaise brought his pet owl Lumara, and Pansy brought her parrot Diana. Hagrid and Sirius grouped us into groups of four, me and Harriet got unlucky because Weasley and Potter were in our group.

"All right now, each of you will switch pets for the hour. The reason for this is because you and your familiar are almost the same person, and this lesson will help you learn more about each other." Sirius said and everyone understood him but this feels like it was going to be a mistake. Harriet switched her Frost fire with Weasley rat, and I switched Owlbert with Potter's owl. "Nice owl." I said, and scratched him under the chin and he seemed to like it.

"Ow, Stop that!" Potter said and Owlbert's talons were on his shoulder. "Yeah, Owlbert doesn't like Gryffindors." I said and I laughed a little. "Oh yeah? No kidding." Potter said, and Harriet seemed to be okay with being with the Weasley's rat. Weasely on the other hand kept getting ignored by Frost fire and tried touching his tail and then his feet got stuck in ice. "Frost fire, that wasn't nice, but it was a little funny." Harriet said, and gently petted Weasley's rat on the head.

"Ugh, your dragon is so uncontrollable." Weasley said, and I rolled my eyes. "Frost fire isn't uncontrollable, he just doesn't like people who are mean and judge you by appearance." Harriet said and I laughed a little. "How come, Scabbers biting you? He always bites mean Slytherins." Weasley said and Harriet rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm not mean, and your rat is good judge of character unlike you, besides he said he is too tired right now." Harret said and I smiled.

"Ugh whatever." Weasley said, then Frost fire bite him. While I was bonding with Potter's owl, I noticed that Harriet was looking at Weasley's rat really strangely. "Something wrong Harriet?" I asked and Harriet nodded. "Draco, this is the same rat, we met this morning." Harriet said, I took a closer at the rat and it was the same one from this morning. "Oh, your right." I said, and I scratched his head gently.

"Scabbers went to you? So that's why he was missing this morning." Weasley said, and we just smiled. "Yeah, and he said he doesn't like the strawberries you give him." Harriet said and Weasley looked at Harriet really upset. "They were his words, not mine." Harriet said, then Hagrid told us all to switch our animales back and we were dismissed for today. "Here, take your owl back, I can't stand him." Potter said, then gave me back Owlbert and Potter's owl flew back to him.

"Give me back Scabbers, you're a bad influence on him." Weasley said, then Frost fire flew back to Harriet and Harriet gave Weasley back his rat. When we all left Harriet grabbed my hand. "Draco, the Weasley's rat, isn't a normal rat." Harriet whispered and I was confused. "What do you mean?" I asked, Harriet looked around and no one was listening to us. "I think the Weasley's rat is an animagus." Harriet whispered and my eyes widened.

"Really? But how can you tell the Weasley's rat is an animagus?" I asked and Harriet frowned. "I don't know, but it said to follow it near the Whomping willow after dinner tonight." Harriet said, and there is no way I was letting her go on her own. "Well, if you're going I'm coming with you." I said and Harriet nodded then we went to our next class, and we agreed to go to the forest after dinner and we would go back into the dorms before curfew.

Harriet's pov:

When me and Draco were finished with dinner we saw Weasley looking under the tables looking for his rat, which was our que to leave. Draco and I saw Weasley's rat and it started running. Draco and I followed the rat and it was heading outside the castle, when we finally stopped a few feet away from the Whomping willow, the rat went behind the rock and changed into a man and it wasn't just any man. It was the man that tried to betray Lily and James.

"Peter Pettigrew I assume?" I asked and Draco's eyes widened, Draco knew Peter was a close friend of James, but no one knew he was a traitor aside from the Death eaters and everyone thought he was killed by Voldemort. "Correct, you have gotten so much bigger than I remember, the last time I saw you both was when you were little babies." Peter said then walked closer to me and Draco.

"I see the scar, master Voldemort left you is still there." Peter said and I touched the scar on my forehead. "Voldemort is still alive isn't he?" Draco asked, and Peter nodded. "Yes, but his body is in a difficult condition." Peter said, then brought out Voldemort's wand. "There is a ritual that can restore master Voldemort's body, I have already gathered all the ingredients but one, and that is blood from the enemy." Peter said and I was curious about something.

"Peter, was it Voldemort who killed innocent muggles, wizards and witches?" I asked because when Lucius told me the stories of the Dark lord he said that he had never killed anyone in his life and how he only defended all his followers and innocent muggles, witches and wizards. "No, it was not master Voldemort, but rather headmaster Dumbledore." Peter said and that shocked me and Draco. "When I saw Dumbledore blocking your magic a few months after you were born, I went to the Dark lord and asked if I could join him." Peter said and that would explain why he betrayed Lily and James.

"Do you know why he blocked Harriet's magic?" Draco asked and Peter shook his head. "Unfortunately, I do not." Peter said and I was disappointed in that. "Is Severus Snape, a Death eater? Or is he a traitor to them." I asked and Peter smiled. "Severus is a Death eater, he never betrayed the Dark lord. When the Dark lord allowed Severus to see his memories, he became a true Death eater, along with Mr. Malfoy's parents." Peter said and me and Draco smiled.

"Does the ritual require a specific enemy's blood?" Draco asked and Peter nodded. "Yes, I need the blood from your former brother, Harry Potter, Lily, or James." Peter said and I could easily get the blood from Harry. "Tell the other Death eaters, that me and Harriet will get the blood from Potter by the summer." Draco said and I nodded in agreement. "Very well, I will see you both in the Malfoy Manor where we will meet again." Peter said and I had one more question for him.

"Wait, I have one more question. When Voldemort died, did he cast any spell before I...destroyed him?" I asked and Peter nodded. "Yes...before master Voldemort died, he casted a spell on the closest living thing that could keep him alive. And the closest living thing he casted it on...was you. You have a part of the dark lords soul." Peter said and that would explain where I have dreams of a boy in an orphanage.

"Would that explain why Dementors are after me and why my scar hurts every now and then?" I asked and Peter nodded. "Yes, you are one of master Voldemort's Hoxares." Peter said and I nodded, then Peter turned back into a rat then left to go and tell Lucius, Narcissa, and Dad that Voldemort is alive. Draco and I went back to the common room with smiles on our faces, because we now know the truth about Voldemort and about Dumbledore.