Chapter 3 - The letter from Hogwarts

Harriet's pov:

I was in Malfoy Manor, reading a book. My dad was at Hogwarts and since he can't take me with him there, he thought it would be best if I stayed with the Malfoys. I honestly didn't mind that. I practically live in the Malfoy Manor, and I'm used to it, Narcissa treats me like her daughter, Lucius sees me as a helpful girl that loves to read a lot, Draco... let's just say I may have a small crush on him but we like to practice magic together, and dad sends me letters every week to know how I am.

I was reading a book about advanced Charms with Draco sitting beside me in the dining room when an owl bumped into the window and it startled both of us. "Were you expecting any letters today?" I asked, putting my book and Draco shook his head. I opened the window and an owl came in with two letters attached to its leg. "Is there a Ms. Snape, and a Mr. Malfoy here?" The owl asked, trying to recover from the hard-hit it got.

"Yes, that's me and my friend Draco," I said getting the letters from its leg and giving it some bacon I made a while ago. "You can understand me?" The owl asked shocked and I smiled. "Yup, and take it easy with flying," I said then the owl nodded then flew away. "What's the letter about?" Draco asked and I gave him his letter and just shrugged, then Narcissa came in with Lucius.

"We heard you kids scream. Is something wrong?" Lucius asked worriedly and we shook our heads. "No, an owl came and dropped off two letters for me and Draco," I said and I opened the letter to see it was an acceptance letter for Hogwarts. "It's a letter from Hogwarts!" I almost yelled out then Draco quickly opened his letter, and we both got accepted to Hogwarts.

"Oh we're so proud of both of you," Narcissa said and gave us both a tight hug. "Let's get all the things you need tomorrow and you can both pick out a pet," Lucius said and we both nodded to him. I and Draco went outside to see if we could practice more of our magic, Draco asked me if I could try to levitate him off the ground and I did.

"Wingardium Leviosa," I said then Draco started floating off the ground, I moved my hand from left to right, and circles until, after a few minutes of floating, I put him down then we went back inside and talked about what we would get at Diagon alley. I already withdrew enough money from Gringotts and I can manage to go on my own for a little while.

The next day, I went to Diagon alley with Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco. We agreed to get the uniform, books, and wands all together. We were all done with getting the books and uniforms so we decided to get mine and Draco's new wands. We went to Ollivanders wand shop and we were greeted by none other than Olliavader himself.

"Welcome to Ollivanders wand shop, here no wand is the same as the other," Ollivander said and we smiled. "Here to pick up new wands for the kids?" Ollivander asked and we nodded. "Ah, yes I see the perfect wand for you boy," Ollivander said, then brought out a wand that was about 10 inches long.

"Here, a ten-inch long, made of hawthorn wood, and had a unicorn hair core," Ollivander said and gave Draco the wand. Draco tried the wand then green magic swirled around him. "Ah, a perfect match," Ollivander said, then looked at me. "You are very...different from the witches and wizards I have met," Ollivander said, and I smiled at him. "I get that a lot," I said, then Ollivander raised an eyebrow and his face lighted up.

"Give me one moment," Ollivander said then went to the back, I and the Malfoys looked at each other and it was taking a long while for Ollivander to come back. The Malfoys and I agreed to meet up later at the potion shops after I and Draco get our pets. Lucius left 30 Galleons at the desk and I continued to wait for Ollivander to come back with my wand. After a minute or two, Ollivander came back with a wand and it was nine-inch long, it was silver and it looked like there were vines on the handle.

"Here a nine-inch, made from rare silver tree wood, dipped in the icy water from the black lake, wrapped with the vine of Dittany and a bit of a Phoenix tail feather ashes," Ollivander said and the wand looked beautiful. Ollivander gave me the wand then blue and gold energy started wrapping around me and I felt so warm in it. "Incredible," Ollivander said in amazement.

"That wand was made by my grandfather. He used to say it was a special wand that was different from the rest, and nothing like any wand, but is as unique as the Elder wand. Many people have tried the wand but have failed in trying to make it their own." Ollivander said and I was amazed by that. "I'll take it, how much for it?" I asked excitedly. "10 Galleons, oh and the Malfoy's paid a little too much for their son's wand," Ollivander said, and I gave him the money then left the shop feeling overjoyed to have my very first wand.

I went to the Magical Menagerie to get my familiar or my pet. I went inside and there were so many creatures in cages, I was looking around when something caught my eye. It was an egg, it was midnight blue and it was hatching. And what came out from the egg was an adorable small scaly creature, with wings on its back, and its eyes were light blue as mine and looked like ice.

"Who are you?" the little creature asked curiously. "I'm Harriet. What are you?" I asked because I have never seen a creature like that before, but I could tell it was a boy. "I'm an ice dragon and also, you can understand me?" The little dragon asked and I nodded. "Well, it seems we have bonded." The blue dragon said and I was really happy about that. "Can I name you Frost fire?" I asked and Frost fire nodded to me.

"Great," I said, then raised my hand to get one of the workers' attention. "Excuse me, I would like to buy the..'egg'," I said and the man's eyes widened. "Oh great Merlin, it hatched?!" the man said looking at Frost fire. "That egg hasn't hatched in 12 years since it was laid." the man said and I was surprised by that, 12 years is a long time.

"I'll tell you what. The creature is free of charge and I'll help you get some food for it." the man said and I nodded happily. The man helped me get Frost fire out of his cage and he quickly went around my neck like a snake. "Are you hungry little one?" I asked, then Frost fire nodded. The man gave me some salmon to feed Frost fire and he loved it very much.

I left the store with Frost fire, hiding under my jacket, I went to the potions shop and found Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco with an eagle owl on his shoulder. "Harriet, over here," Draco said and I quickly went up to him. "Look, I got an eagle owl," Draco said. "And I named him Owlbert," Draco said and I got the name pun.

"Did you get your pet?" Draco asked, I nodded then let out my arm then Frost fire came out and sat at my arm. "Wow, you got a baby ice dragon," Draco said and he looked closely at Frost fire. Frost fire sniffed Draco's hair then sneezed a little, releasing some snow on top of Draco. "Oops, sorry about." Frost fire said, looking a little bit sad. "Frost fire said he's sorry," I said letting Frost fire stay on my shoulder. "It's ok, no harm done," Draco said then he pets Frost fire on the head.

After we all got the last few things I and Draco needed and I may have gotten a few advanced books from 1st year to 5th year in Hogwarts. I and Draco go back to the Manor with Lucius and Narcissa, when I and Draco got back, we went directly to the garden and played with Frost fire and Owlbert.