Chapter 9 - New familiars

Harriet's pov:

Me, Draco, Pansy, and Blaise were walking through the halls of Hogwarts at night, it was the second week back at Hogwarts so we were safe from anyone seeing us. 

I finally convinced Pansy and Blaise to come with me and Draco to the chamber of secrets to find my Ancestor Salazar's Basilisk. 

I smiled when I saw his painting and he smiled back at me. It had been 50 years since he last saw a descendant from his bloodline, and it warmed his dead heart to know he and his lifelong friends were related in a way. 

"Ancestor Salazar Slytherin, me and my friends wish to enter the chamber of secrets to find you're familiar, the Basilisk, please," I said and Salazar nodded to me. 

"Very well, anything for my descendant, but be warned that if you look at the Basilisk's eyes, you will die in the most painful way. But once you bond with my familiar, you and your friends will be safe." Salazar said and I nodded to him, then the portrait opened and we all went inside.

"Harriet, why did you talk us into coming here?" Pansy asked, hugging Blaise's arm tight. 

"Because you two said you wanted to learn more about Harriet's ancestor Salazar Slytherin and what better way to do it than coming here and finding his familiar," Draco said and using a light spell so we could see. "Ugh. us and our big mouths." Blaise groaned out and I and Draco just laughed. We all started walking through a tunnel and saw a giant door with snakes on it.

"Oh, would you look at that? There's no way to get in, let's just go back." Blaise said about to leave when Draco grabbed the back part of his collar vest. "I got it," I said clearing my throat, and started hissing, after a few seconds it opened. 

"How-" 

"I'm parseltongue," I said, cutting Pansy off, then I stepped inside. "Do you guys wanna stay here or come with me?" I asked because Pansy and Blaise looked terrified. "I'll stay here and watch Pansy and Blaise so they don't run away," Draco said and I nodded to him then went inside with my head down.

I walked forward and I could hear something slithering around me. 

"Who dares enter the Chamber of my master" I heard a female hiss at me and I could tell it was the Basilisk. 

I am Harriet Jaden Snape, a descendant of Salazar Slytherin, the only heir to Hogwarts." I hissed at her and she slithered around me. 

"I can smell that his blood runs through your veins, but I can also smell the blood of his closest friends and your magic is unlike any wizard or witch I have ever met." The Basilisk hissed and I smiled.

"I would like to bond with you, so you can be free from this place and see the light once more." I hissed and I couldn't tell how close the Basilisk was. 

"Very well." Basilisk hissed, then a bright glowing light appeared from above, and my head was still down. 

"It is done." the Basilisk hissed, I looked up and saw the Basilisk looking directly into my eyes and I didn't die, then the unexpected happened. The Basilisk started getting smaller until it was the size of a cobra.

I kneel down and let my arm out for the Basilisk to climb and she went up to my neck. "Do you mind if I call you Basili?" I hissed and she nodded. "

Salazar used to call me that, but now you are my new master, I will do my best to protect you." Basili hissed and I smiled at her and I remembered about Frost fire. "I should probably warn you about my other familiar, he is an ice dragon." I hissed and Basili tilted her head.

"I can live with it, as long as he knows what personal space is," Basili said and I nodded then I left the chamber and I saw Draco, Pansy, and Blaise were all huddled up in a scared group. 

"Did you bond with it?" Draco asked, then I let out my arm and Basili slithers around my arm. "I kinda thought it would be bigger," Blaise said, taking a closer look at Basili. "Wait, it's not poisonous is it?" Blaise asked, taking a step back. "Oh she is very poisonous, but she won't poison anyone as long as they don't hurt me or my friends," I said letting Basili back around my neck.

"Now come on, let's go tomorrow is a big day," Draco said then we all went back into the common rooms and back to the dorms, and I and Draco were excited to try out for quidditch. I let Basili look around the room and Frost fire came and jumped right in front of Basili. 

"Who are you?" Frost fire asked walking around Basili. "Frost fire, this is Basili. Basili, this Frost fire." I said and Basili slithered around and she seemed to like Frost fire even though he is an ice dragon.

I went to bed with Frost fire sleeping on the foot of my bed and Basili fell asleep on the side of the pillow. The next day, I got ready for quidditch tryouts, when I saw a beautiful snow-white owl with yellow eyes sitting outside my window. I opened my window and Owl came inside. "You don't belong to the school, do you?" I asked the white owl.

"No, I'm all alone." The owl said and I knew the feeling of having no one with me. "Would you like to stay with me? I don't mind having more familiars." I said then Owl came inside and landed on my shoulder. 

"I'll take that as a yes," I said then the owl flew to my desk and saw Frost fire and Basili sleeping on my bed. "Can I name you Hedwig?" I asked and Hedwig nodded. "Okay, I'll be back in a little while to get some food for everyone," I said and Hedwig nodded then I left the room excited for today.