Chapter 20 - Going back home

Harriet's pov:

I was packing all my things in my trunk, with Frost fire, Hedwig, and Basili's help. Tomorrow is going to be our summer break, and I was excited to enjoy my time back at the Malfoy manor, but that wasn't the only thing I was excited about. Two weeks ago, I got the blood of my former brother Harry in a small but big enough bottle for the ritual.

I won't lie, getting Potter's blood was a lot harder than it sounded, since Potter and I hate each other, we usually kept our distance. It took me a month to make the perfect plan to get his blood and so I used the invisibility cloak I stole from James and I went into the Gryffindor dorms to find Potter's dorm room which took awhile. When I finally found the room Potter was in, he had 5 other roommates with him and they were snoring really loud. I usedmy dager and cut Potter's forearm, I let the blood drip inside the vial. When I had enough blood, I used a spell on Potter to heal his forearm and I made sure the scar couldn't be seen.

This year was really great, I made new friends during magical creature class most of them were all the animals in the class but still. Professor Lupin and my former godfather Sirius kept their word on protecting me and Potter from any danger, even though I can protect myself just fine. Draco and I have been practicing our Patronus and it was really fun. When I finished packing all my clothes, I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I said, then Basili slithered to my arm, and Pansy came in.

"Hey Harriet, everyone is about to go to the great hall. Are you coming?" Pansy asked and I smiled. "Yeah, I'll catch up in a second, I'm almost done with something." I said, Pansy nodded then left. I go through my locked drawer in my desk, and unlock it. "Alohomora." I said, then the lock opened, I put my wand away and grabbed the vial filled with Potter's blood in it. I put the vial in my trunk and I make sure to lock it, so no one else can take it.

"Okay Frost fire, I left enough food for you and Hedwig, Basili can come with me to the great hall." I said, then Basili slithered to my arm and since the robes were really big, they were big enough for her not to get noticed. "Okay, can I have more blueberries when we're at the great hall?" Basili asked and I nodded. I left my dorm and I came out just in time, to follow everyone to the great hall.

Everyone went to the great hall and everyone looked really happy that the year was ending. I sat at the Slytherin table next to Draco as always, I grabbed some blueberries and gave some to Basili. "So is Basili just gonna stay the same size forever? Or is she gonna get a little bigger?" Blaise asked and I shrugged. "I honestly don't know, but considering she eats a lot of meat every now and then, she may grow a little bit." I said, I used my magic to carefully use the heat from my body and make it warm enough for Basili to sleep for a while.

"Hey why is Weasley staring at us?" Pansy asked, then me and Draco turned around and saw that Weasley was glaring at us. "Oh, Weasley thinks, Hedwig ate his rat but Hedwig doesn't eat rats, neither does Owlbert or Basili." Draco said and I nodded. "Oh yeah, I forgot Weasley lost his rat." Blaise said, and I almost forgot that Scabber or Peter left Hogwarts to tell Narcissa, Lucius, and Dad, that Voldemort is alive.

"Ignore him, let's just focus on summer plans." Draco said and we all started talking about what we would do this summer, Draco said that Lucius is going to take me and Draco to a quidditch match this summer, Pansy was going to spend some time in paris with her parents, and Blaise was going to go visit his grandparents in Venice, Italy. We all kept talking to each other when Dumbledore got everyone's attention.

"Good evening, everyone. Tonight is the night where each and every one of you will move up to a higher year, and it warms my heart to see how each of you grow and become a wonderful witch or wizard." Dumbledore said and my fist clenched because I knew that was a lie, Draco held my hand, I calmed down a little and Dumbledore continued his speech. "I hope you all learned a lot this year, and I hope you all enjoy your summer. Now, let us all eat." Dumbledore said, then food appeared on the table and everyone started eating.

After dinner was over, everyone went back to their dorm rooms, I made sure all my clothes were ready for tomorrow. I changed into my pajamas and I got to bed with Hedwig sleeping on her bird post, Basili sleeping beside me on my pillow and Frost fire sleeping on the foot of my bed again.

The next day, I said goodbye to my dad before I went to the train station. "I'll see you at the Malfoy manor." Dad said, dad already knew what was going with Voldemort and he helped me get Potter's blood by letting me go out at night to go to the Gryffindor common room. "Bye dad, love you." I said then went to get my trunk and my familiars.

I grabbed my trunk, then I put Hewdwig and Frost fire in their familiar cages, and I let Basili hide in my jacket like always, then left the dorms. I get my trunk in the bagged compartment and go to find Draco and the others. While I was walking with two cages in my hands, I bumped into Fred and George. "Oh hi Fred, hi George." I said and Basili slithered around my neck. "Hello Harriet, how are you?" Fred and George said together and I smiled. "Good, what about you both?" I asked and they smiled.

"I don't know my handsome brother, how are you?" George asked his twin. "I'm doing great my dear handsome brother, and if one of us is doing great then we are both ok." Fred said, and I laughed a little. "Fred, George, why are you talking to her!!" Ronald said and I groaned a little. "Oh come on Ronekins, Harriet is our friend." Fred and George said with a grin on their faces. "But her owl ate our rat." Ronald said and I frowned at him.

"For the last time, Hedwig didn't eat your rat." I said then continued walking. "Oh Fred, George tell your parents I said 'hello'." I said, Fred and George nodded, then I continued to find Draco. I finally found Draco in any compartment and I went inside. "Hey Draco." I said, taking a seat across him and putting the cages down. "Hey Harriet." Draco said and made sure no one was listening to us. "So, did you get it?" Draco asked and I smiled. "You bet, and did you know that six Gryffindor students sleep in the same dorm?" I asked, and Draco shook his head.

"No. I did not know that." Draco said, "Can you open the cage please?!" Frost fire said, I opened his cage door and he flew out immediately then sat on my lap. Draco and I started talking until Pansy and Blaise came. The train started moving and I waved goodbye to my dad. We all started talking about what we would do in our 4th year, the ride back home to England was long but at least we were all able to pass the time.

When the train finally stopped, everyone grabbed their trunks, and I put Frost fire back in his cage. Me and Draco stepped outside the train with our trunks and familiar cages and we saw Lucius and Narcissa. "Draco, Harriet, it's so good to see you both again." Lucius said, and Draco hugged him and I hugged Narcissa. "Did you get the blood?" Narcissa whispered to me and I nodded. "Let's all go home. We are preparing for something special after all." Lucius said, and we all nodded then left the train station.

(Sorry if this is late, I forgot to post it.)