27

*not edited*

For the next few days Jimin would go over to NICU and visit Byeol. Everyday he would get an update and he knew it wasn't good.

It wasn't until one day when the doctor truly sat down with him and his mother that Jimin knew his time with her was over.

"Even if we were to do everything the chances of her living are very slim. If she does live she would have mental and physical disabilities and challenges. She wouldn't have the greatest quality of life," the man said. "I hate to say this but I think it's time you made a decision on whether we continue to resuscitate or if we take her off the ventilator."

Jimin's eyes filled with tears as he felt his mother place a hand on his shoulder rubbing it to try and give him some kind of comfort.

"C-can I have a moment," he whispered. The doctor sighed but nodded his head standing to leave Jimin and his mother alone.

The teenager shifted in his bed wincing. He still felt pain all over. The only change he's had was the removal of his neck brace.

"Baby bear," his mom whispered. "She's suffering."

He broke down crying his entire body shaking from the strength of the sobs leaving his mouth.

"I know this is hard baby but if they keep this up and she lives it won't be the end. Like the doctor said she'll have lots of challenges. I just- I just think that's no way of living for a baby."

The teenager swatted her hand away. "So you just want me to let her die?"

"I just don't want her to suffer over the selfishness of wanting her here."

When Jimin didn't respond she sighed. "I'm going to go see your dad."

__

"You should have told me," Yoongi whispered.

Jimin glared at him. "I was in a car accident when I was about-"

"Before that Jimin," Yoongi snapped. "You were five months pregnant. You had five months to call me and tell me."

"Your number got changed what-"

"It didn't get changed until right before debut. That's not an excuse. You should have called me the second you even suspected it. If not then the moment you knew."

The younger closed his eyes putting his head in his hands. "I didn't want to distract you."

"Who gives a fuck about me being distracted?! That was my child too!"

Jimin took a deep breath as he watched the nurses walk around the small area. He fought with himself to not let any tears fall. He had to be strong.

"Okay," the doctor whispered as he took Byeol out of the incubator and grabbed the blanket that laid on top of the plastic, wrapping her up in it before handing her to Jimin.

He stared at his little creation with a small smile running his finger over her cheek. "We'll turn off all the noises from the machines so they don't overwhelm you. Once that's done we'll take the ventilator out and her breathing will slow. It could take a few minutes." They explained.

The teenager didn't respond verbally just simply nodding his head. He wanted to scream at them not to do it. To keep going but he didn't want his little one to suffer. She deserved to be at peace as much as it hurt him.

His mother had wanted to be with him but Jimin just wanted the moment to be private. Just him and her.

He ignored everything that was going on around him as he just rocked the baby. Once the ventilator was off the room was evacuated leaving the two alone. Jimin would glance at the heart monitor every few seconds trying his hardest not to breakdown when he started getting slower.