Chapter 15: Group Training with FRIENDS

Our first group training session was here, and I was not the only one nervous about this. We are not the most calm of groups, between Cain and I, I can say we are pretty hotheaded. We decided to meet at the clearing because no one would be there, and I also didn't want to take them to the training spot Zedd and I use. We stood there at the clearing, all looking like we were ready to begin.

"Okay so let's start with energy balls," I announced. I begin training them the way Zedd trained me. I explained for them to envision the energy balls as vessels and focus the energy to the tips of their fingertips. After explaining and showing them, they began. Alice was the first one to get it. She made an energy ball quickly, and directed it towards the open ocean. Zedd told us that we would have different colors depending on our energy. Alice had a bright yellow energy ball, which I thought matched well with her sunshiny attitude. Chris created one but it fizzled out quickly. He looked upset but quickly tried again, having better luck. His was an orange color which I thought represented ambition really well and Chris is one of the most ambitious of us all. His plans are to get a football scholarship and play for an Ivy League school; if he maintains his GPA as he has been, that might come true for him.

Elijah was very nonchalant about making his. He created one after another after another. His energy ball was a golden color, which makes sense as he's always seen as the golden boy with everyone. Even though he has had a pretty good life, he's always remained humble which is something I always admired.

Lastly Cain created his, he had some issues with keep it from exploding in front of him. After the third try, I heard a shout in my mind. I walk over and he shoots me an annoyed look, "What?"

"Well you shouted in my head, so I can only assume that it is not going well?"

"I can't keep it from destroying itself," he admits, and I smile. I take his hand in mine and hold it out.

"Don't think about it too much, Cain. You don't think about your regular vessels pumping blood too much; do the same for this. Just hold your hand out and feel the energy flow."

He sighs and I see him regain his focus. The energy ball begins to form and I feel excited for him. His was a dark red, it was almost calming. Red typically symbolizes courage and strength and those were two qualities Cain had. I couldn't think of a better color to fit his energy.

After we finished with the energy balls, I began to read to them what Zedd had written on honing their individual powers. For Alice, her knowledge power would come naturally, there was nothing she needed to do as all the information she knows has been passed down generation to generation. To hone in on her knowledge, she would need some prior facts before she could search her mind for it. As for her healing abilities, she can heal small ailments and injuries. She needs to focus her healing to the particular part that is requiring it. The healing should feel cold when she utilizes it as cold was usually used to treat minor injuries and swelling.

For Chris, his enhanced intuition was as natural as Alice's knowledge. It is something that can be honed in on by focusing on what the intuition is telling him. For example, if he's playing a football game and his intuition is telling him that the player is going to tackle him, he can hone in on that so he would know that it is a possibility. This is useful for dangerous situations as even if we do not know what is happening, Chris can sense when something bad will happen. As for his teleportation, he would need to focus his energy on envisioning where he would like to teleport. If he wanted to teleport to the school right now, he would envision the school and he would go there. His teleportation is limited to a certain distance, in this case, he can teleport anywhere in town with no issue, but he cannot just teleport himself to Canada when he wants.