Chapter 29: Dark vs Light

My mind felt like it was splitting in two. It was dark, unlike any of the dreams I've had before. In front of me was...me? I was staring back at myself, but it didn't seem to be a mirror. No, it definitely wasn't. Because even though she looked like me, she was different. I gasped when I realized, she looked like Lukas - her hair was black and eyes an even brighter purple. Staring into them, I was scared. I couldn't find any emotion in them, only coldness. But I couldn't move. She started walking closer to me, but I couldn't run away; I was chained down. When she stopped she was only an inch away from me, and her mouth curved up into a wicked grin.

"I told you, there's no escaping this," she said. Her body began to dissipate into a dark purple smoke, swirling around me and almost suffocating me. This is it. This is what I was trying so hard to fight, and I could feel it overtaking my body. There was nothing I could do to stop it. I couldn't move or speak; trapped within my own conscious. My mind went blank at the very height of it, until everything stopped abruptly.

I opened my eyes, feeling dizzy and light headed. I stretched my hands in front of me and stared at them. There was a new energy pulsating within me. When I stood up, I heard a commotion and saw everyone gathered on the other side of the room. The moment Zedd saw me, his face fell into anguish and he was trying to hold everyone, mostly Cain, back from getting closer to me.

"We need to stay back," I heard Zedd said. But in that instant Cain grabbed Zedd by the collar and slammed him into a wall.

"I should've killed you when I had the chance," Cain growled, "Its your fault that this

happened to her. This was her worst fear. She didn't want this to happen. She didn't want to hurt anyone! Do you know how scared she was that this would happen?!" Chris and Elijah tried to pull Cain back but his grip on Zedd only tightened even more.

Zedd coughed, "I'm probably the person you hate the most right now. Hell even she never wants to see me again. But I regret that this happened too, and I want to help you guys. The best thing we can do right now is stay away so she won't hurt any of us."

I smirked to myself, how foolish. They really believe that I wouldn't hurt them. I walked over to them, plastering a friendly smile on my face.

"Hey guys," I said happily, "Is everyone okay?"

"Victoria..." Zedd started.
"I'm a little hurt from that fight with Lukas," I looked at Alice and offered her my hand, "Alice, can you heal me a little please?"

Chris tried to tell Alice to stop, but she was already walking towards me. I could see the conflict in her eyes; she didn't want to believe that I would do anything to her. Too bad for her, though. When she was just within my reach, I grabbed her by the neck, and immediately took her magic from her. I could feel the power filling up in. I could even use her healing abilities on some minor cuts on myself. I dropped her to the ground, she was panting heavily from her powers being taken away.

"Alice!" Chris ran over and picked her up, "What did you do to her?!"

I smirked, "Just doing her a favor. She was never good at using her powers anyways, so I took them from her. Don't worry, I'm not interested in a body count. Not yet, at least. She'll recover."

Chris glared at me, "She's your best friend, Victoria. How could you do this to her?!"

"Friends? When I can bring everyone in this world to their knees with a wave of my hand, what good are friends? They're only a deadweight," I said coldly.

I could see the anger on Chris's face. Yes, become blind with rage and try to attack me. You'll only lose and I'll become more powerful. Before the others can stop him, Chris teleports himself with range of me, and tries to land a blow on me with an energy ball in his hand. I knock his hand back and punch him in the gut with my own energy orb. He coughs out blood as he falls back, and as I grip his stomach, I drain his powers from him. He falls to the ground with a thud.