Epilogue

Several months later, after I had fully recovered I was still a little wary of using my magic, but with Zedd's help I'm embracing the powers that I have and have better control again. Sometimes when we spar against each other, I'll even beat him. One day when I was hoping to catch up on sleep, Alice invited herself in and pulled me off my bed.

"I'm not going," I said with my voice muffled in the blanket I was holding on to

A mischievous smile played on her lips. She stands up and grabs something hung on the door. I just noticed it. She holds it up and smiles, "Tonight is prom and we're definitely going."

"Alice, I don't think prom is a good idea."

"Too bad," she says, "I already have your dress, I told the guys to be here by 7 and that leaves us with 3 hours. We're seniors, this is our last high school dance, and its an experience we need to have. We won't go if you don't go."

I sigh, "Fine, I guess we're losing precious time."

I see her grin from ear to ear as she hangs the dresses back on the door. I jump in the shower as she gathers all the things we need. When I get out, Alice has all the makeup scattered on the vanity and has the curler plugged in and heating up. Alice shows me a picture of what she wants and I start curling her hair. Once her hair is all curled, I separate a portion of it to serve as her bang and the rest I separate into two parts. I tease the top part a little and then tie it into a ponytail. I wrap some of her blonde hair around the hair tie so it is not seen. Then I pin her bang so it doesn't fall into her face and stand back.

"I knew you'd do such a great job!" She squeals, giving me a hug. She moves to do her makeup while I take the curler into the bathroom. I wasn't in the mood to do anything too crazy with my hair so after I dried it, I curled it. I took a portion of hair on my left side and braided it. Then I pinned it to the back of my hair and hid the pin so it looked better. I did the same thing to the right side and when I was done, it looked like I had a braided crown in the back.

I walked back out and saw Alice had wrapped up her makeup. She wore some light purple eyeshadow with the ends of her eyelids a pretty white color. She had done a winged eyeliner and some light pink lipstick. I see her spray some setting spray before turning around to look at me.

"Alice you look beautiful," I tell her smiling.

"Thank you," she says, staring down, "I was going for a different look this time."

"How come?"

She sighs and smiles nervously, "So Chris asked me to prom, as a date, and I guess I just wanted to make a really good impression."

"Alice you don't need to make a good impression. Chris has been interested in you as long as I can tell. I would have been shocked if he didn't ask you to prom."

"Really?"

I nod, "Chris is so into you, don't put that pressure on yourself."

She smiles, "Thank you, Victoria." she stands to let me have the chair, "How about your date?"

"Looks like that might be Cain," I said, "I haven't seen Zedd for the past two weeks."

"Did something happen?"

I shrugged, "He said he needed to do something and hasn't been answering his phone." It's a little disappointing, but I'll still be having fun with my friends. As I take her seat, I begin by putting some black eyeshadow on my lid. After adding the gold eyeshadow, I add some white to the ends and then some glitter. I repeat the same for the other eye. I do a winged eyeliner and make sure to do a line at my waterline. I curl my eyelashes and apply some mascara before gluing on my false lashes. I add some primer to my face before using a concealer to conceal my under eyes and any small pimples I have. Then I apply some foundation and then begin to contour. I add some highlight to the top of my cheeks and to the end of my nose. Lastly, I spray my face with some setting spray and take my look into consideration. I have to say it might be one of my best looks.