039.

CHRITMAS EVE!
Maisie's Point of View.
- December 25, 2020 -
*:‧₊˚

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Maisie." Nick's grandma gave me a hug. "It was nice meeting you too." I hugged her back.

"See you soon?" His grandpa smiled. "Like at your wedding!" He joked aloud, leaving me and Nick laughing awkwardly.

"Nicholas, are you sure you guys don't wanna join us?" His mom chimed in and asked. "We are sure." He smiled and gave them a nod.

"It's New York.." His stepdad butted in. "Yeah, I know." He continued nodding. "But, we're fine here." He assured his family.

"Are you two going to be okay here?" His grandma asked.
"Yes, we'll be fine." He rubbed his temple.

"Okay ... alright then, If we don't leave now we're gonna miss our flight..." His little sister, Zoey spoke up.

"Oh, right." His mom paused. "Okay." She sighed. "We'll be back after New Year!" She smiled and picked up her purse.

"Don't do anything stupid!" His stepdad pointed at him.

"Coke on, you've left me home alone before..." Nick furrowed his eyebrows.

"Not with a girl though." Eryn laughed.
"What's that supposed to mean-" Nick looked at her.

"Dad's just trying to make sure he's not going to be a grandpa by 2022." She laughed.

"ERYN-" My eyes widened.
"DUDE, CHILL OUT??" He was caught off guard.

"Hmm... Little Nick's would be nice!" His mom laughed.
"MOM??" He was getting embarrassed. "IM STILL IN COLLEGE, CHILL!"

"Yea, yes I know." She nodded. "I'll just have to wait." She threw her hands up in defense.

"All in all, the moral of the story is, don't have sex when we're gone." Zoey said aloud as I looked at her in shock.

"ALRIGHT, TIME FOR YOU GUYS TO LEAVE.." He panicked through embarrassment. "Cant have you guys miss your flight, so uh... LETS GO.." He helped them out of the house.

"Have fun in New York, happy new year, do you guys have everything? I'm sure you do." He nodded by the car in front of the house as they all got in.

"Bye, Nicky!" His grandparents smiled. "Goodbye, Maisie!"

"Bye!" I smiled and lightly waved.

The car started, and the driver began pulling out of the parallel parking line. After a few short seconds, they drove off and began their way to the airport.

"My god.." He turned to me and mumbled, running his hands through his hair. "At least they're gone now!" I joked as we walked back into his house.

We entered his house through before we both went to the living room and sat around with his cats and watched whatever was on the TV. We already celebrated Christmas the day before, eating and spending time with his family, half of the time watching his sisters get spoiled.

We both decided to keep our gifts to ourselves so we can give it each other tonight instead.

Time went by and it was probably hours since his family left as we laid on the couch the whole time. My head was on on his shoulder, with his arm wrapped around me, while my hands were petting Mogwai his cat, laid up against my stomach.