040.

TWENTYTWENTYONE!
Maisie's Point of View.
- December 31, 2020 -
*:‧₊˚

"God, how in hell's name did you convince me to go to a party.." I groaned into my hands. "Because you love me." He sat there driving while I out a sigh.

"I'm scared I'll kick one of your friends in the shins." I admitted as I looked out the window.

"Please, don't do that." He looked at me and laughed.

"I cant make any promises." I laughed, staring at my hands. "Still can't fucking believe you have friends that aren't Dream and George." I made fun of him.

"Maisie, I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND." He shouted while smiling, clearly raising his voice as a joke.

"DO IT!" I crossed my arms. "I'd rather do what I suggested instead of going to a party."

"Yeah nevermind, not gonna do that." He shook his head.

"Why couldn't we just stay in bed and... smoke." I asked, a small laugh following after. "BECAUSE-" He paused. "Maisie, that's literally all we've been doing-" He stated as I made a snoring noise. "Yeah, so why stop." I shrugged.

"I want you to meet my friends! And I want them to meet you." He mentioned. "If you genuinely don't like it, then we'll leave."

"Okay." I nodded in agreement. "But, you actually have to try." He briefly looked at me. "Damnit-" I mumbled under my breath.

"Look, my friends aren't that bad!" He told me. "At least I dont think... Just trust me!"

"Wow, that's so helpful." I looked over at him. "You are so difficult." He laughed, leaning back into his seat as he continued to drive.

As I sat there playing with the rings on my fingers, he slid his hand into mine and held it there as I calmed down. He was trying his best to make me more social, but damn THIS SHITS HARD. He might be anti-social as well but holy fuck I cannot believe he has friends to party with.

After a couple more minutes of me non stop complaining as the childish woman I am, he pulled into a side street and parallel parked in front of a house.

"We're here.." He announced to me. "Yeah, let me take a couple seconds to breathe." I joked around.

"Okay, we can leave now if you want. I know you said yes to coming but, are you sure you do wanna be here?" He sighed, looking over at me. "We can leave." He scratched the back of his neck. "Tell me the truth because I don't want you to have a bad time."

"No, I'll be okay." I shook my head. "I'm just being difficult, Let's go." I laughed. "I can handle it."

"......ARE YOU SURE?" He asked for more assurance due to my stubbornness. "Yes!" I exclaimed. "Positive.." I assured him. "I'll be good!" I continued to unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Okay but you were complaining the whole time and now I'm actually having second thoughts-"

"Alright, are we going or what?" I cut him off. "Because I was messing with you half the time, I wanna go!"

"ARE YOU SURE MAISIE?!" He began to look stressed as he groaned into his hands. "YES, I AM!" I laughed as I tried to pull his hands away from his face.