Chapter-6

I ran as fast as I could. I ran and found myself in the parking lot. Ok so what now ??

I need sometime to clear my head.

Just as I was about to step out of the lot, a hand snakes around my waist and pulls me to his hard chest. He is quite taller than me. So I look up to look into his eyes.

They stare back at me emotionless. How can he pul off all the looks ??

After a moment of awkward silence he begins," what are you doing ?? Don't ever run away like that.... From me" last part almost a whisper.

" I need to clear my head. Let me go !!" I try to wiggle out of his hold but no use. Why does he have to be so strong ??

"No... Never !! "

" Please ?? "

That did it. Or so I thought.

" okay. But I will take you. You can't run around the city you hardly even know. Especially in a city like New York. We could go sightseeing.... "

Wow. Bipolar much ?? But the idea of sightseeing melted my heart. I forgot everything about the fucked-up situation I was in and jumped at the idea. I let out a giggle. He raise his eyebrow., " ok"

*****************************************

We were driving aroung in the city for 3 hours now. School was about to get over and mom was coming to pick me up. I didn't want her to get angry. We aren't on the best of terms as it is.

I turn in my seat to face Luke and ask him to take us back to the school. He sees the pleading in my eyes and doesn't argue.

After sometime we pull into the school parking lot. How amazing my mood changed at the thought of sightseeing. But I just can't help it but I love to just get lost in a new city. Especially if it's as big as New York. And then I recall back to what happened, and zone out.

*Flashback*

" What are you doing, Luke ?? "

" I am trying to pluck a flower for you, but it just won't come out. Damn you, flower !!! "

" Are you trying to pluck a flower from a garden where it is clearly not allowed to pluck. And especially you are trying to pluck it from just beside the sign of: do not pluck flowers. ?? "

"Yes, look !! "

He shakes his head ok n a direction and when I turn I see a cop looking intently at us, or at Luke to be exact. He was waiting for us to pluck it so he could fine us.

Then he steps to us," Are you trying to pluck a flower ?? "

Just as I was about to answer, a click noise came. I snapped my head to Luke, and saw the flower off the plant. Oh , now we are surely dead. The cop not only caught us in the act but also witnessed it.

Luke turned to me and got down in his knees. With a glint in his eyes. He also had a hint of mischief in them. Then he started:

"I have known you since we were five... " What ?? " Luke what are you.... "But he cut me off.

"When you walked into that room I thought an angel had visited me. Since then I call you angel. I never really realised but I fell for you that instant and I was too damn stubborn to admit it. But now I won't let you go, Angel...." What the hell is happening here. I open my mouth to protest but....
"  And now you are the mother of our unborn child. I couldn't ask God for more. But.... I want to ask you this.... This is the garden where we reunited after 7 years of separation. I don't have a ring cuz honestly I just thought i couldn't wait any longer. So......Miss Stefani bluewick,Will you marry me,  ?? "

huh. ???

Luke looks at the cop and back at me. That gesture tells me this is all a play. So I run along. After all even I can act.

" Oh. Mr. Gaye Horsedick. I never thought you would say that to me, atlest in this lifetime. I have loved you since we were 5. And I have waited for you ever since. That night when you and I were drunk we made the biggest deed of our lives. The way you looked at me when I was undressing was unexplainable. And now this baby is ours. I love you with all my heart. We have been through very much in our lives. I love you, Gaye. So its a yes. Yes yes yes yes yes !!! "

Luke looked at me with wide eyes. I am pretty sure that cop is buring holes into my side face by now. But I just couldn't help it. Sorry. But it was irresistible. He named me stefani bluewick. Is that even a name. ??

The cop clears his throat and Luke snaps out of it. He gets up on two and advances towards me, with a "payback time" look in his eyes.I step back a little. But he keeps advancing and hands me the flower. The cop says," Ok lovebirds. You can go now. I will turn my back on this one. But next time no plucking !!"

Luke replies," Yes officer, next time we will take care.... Won't we honey. ??" He smacks me right on my butt loud enough for the cop to hear. I stutter." Yes.... Lu....Gaye " the cop tries hard to hide his laugh. So he turns around and walks away.

I turn to Luke. " What the he'll ?? Why did you do that !!! ??"

" Gaye Horsedick ?? I will show you how mine is..... Gaye Horsedick ?? I never thought you would crack this kind of a joke."

" There is a lot you don't know about me. Wait till you see the whole of me."

" Cant wait.... Untill then I will just settle with your butt"

I gasp. Loud enough for him to break out laughing.

*End of Flashback*

I will never forget this day in my entire life. Today is the day I felt like I was free. And I felt something I last felt when I was with my dad.

This boy is something special.