College AU [Fluff]

"If you're tired already, we can always take a break," Felix said to the man who sat across from him on the floor when he noticed the way his head dropped before jolting back up. The red-haired man couldn't help but sigh. "Are you even listening to me, Claude?"

  "Hmm... Crystal," Claude mumbled, his eyelids feeling heavier as he tried to not fall asleep in front of his senior. The pen in his hand was loosely held by him before it dropped on the low wooden table. The pen rolled off the table and fell onto the floor. "... What did you say, exactly?" he asked, not hiding the fact that he was, in fact, exhausted.

  Felix smiled tiredly at the blond man and put his own pen down. He took off his reading glasses, folded its temples and had it hanging on his shirt's collar. He looked at the digital clock on the nightstand. 10.30 p.m. Thankfully, his junior had already told him that he could sleep at his place overnight. "It's impossible for you to continue studying if you're this exhausted. We should stop here for now and -"

  "I'm not tired yet," Claude had cut him off, glaring at him. He sat up straighter and ran his fingers through his blond hair. His jewel blue eyes tried to focus on the words in his textbook but all he could see were random scribbles. With how he blinked several times to fight back the exhaustion, Felix just frowned.

  "Hey, don't stress yourself out," he reassured Claude. "Didn't your professor say that your exams are around next month? You have plenty of time to study. Aren't you also the top student in your batch right now?"

  It was confusing on as to why Claude de Alger Obelia, an incredibly smart and talented student of Black Rose University, had asked Felix to help him study for his upcoming exams when he saw the older man in the library. Of course, they had been friends for a long time, since they were children actually. However, due to their different social circles, they barely interacted with each other. Claude was one of the popular kids who everyone adored and admired while Felix just considered himself an ordinary student who'd rather stay in the crowd.

  Claude looked away from Felix, biting the bottom of his lip. Then, he opened his mouth. "... I feel like I'm not performing as well as I did in the past," he confessed while scratching his neck. "My parents are rather strict when it comes to my grades in academics and even though Anastacius told me to 'take things easy'... I don't want to talk about this any further.

  Oh, Claude. Always keeping his feelings to himself.

  Well, there was nothing much that Felix could do in this situation.

  "...A five minute break before resuming?" Felix asked, changing the subject.

  Claude nodded his head. "Fine by me."

  Smiling, Felix stood up and stretched his body, groaning as he did so. Both of them had been sitting on the floor for hours. "I'm going to make us both some hot chocolate. You're free to do whatever you want... since it is your apartment room."

  "Hm." Claude didn't say much and rested his head on the table. 

  Just how tired was this guy? Felix thought. After looking at him one last time, he walked out of the bedroom, went down the short hallway and went to the kitchen to make some hot chocolate, just as he said. 

  Even though they, or at least Felix, considered to have a close friendship with each other, this was the first time he was actually staying overnight at Claude's place. As expected, coming from a well-known rich family, Claude had the luxury of having the best apartment room in the building. Everything about it was chic and modern. However, excluding his bedroom, it didn't really feel like someone was living in here. There was nothing about the rooms that just screamed the blond owned this place all to himself.