Omegaverse [Smut]

Brief appearances from Lily, Diana and Genshin Impact because I am now obsessed with the game.

  Felix Robane was the Chief Secretary who worked underneath Claude de Alger Obelia, Obelia Enterprise's Executive Director. As someone who had worked underneath the man for years, as well as being his closest friend outside of work, the secretary thought he knew all there was about Claude.

  Oh, how wrong he truly was.

  "Mister Obelia looks a bit ill today, Felix," Lilian York was the first one who told Felix about the director's condition. Despite her being an omega and him being an alpha, they were both close friends and they were willing to ignore the hierarchy. Both of them were on a break, talking to each other in the pantry. "Do you happen to know why? After all, you are his closest friend outside of the workplace."

  "Hm, is that so? He hasn't come out of his office yet and he told me to not go near it so I wasn't able to see him at all today," Felix told her, surprising the woman immensely. After all, both men were always close. So close that other workers started to assume that they might be a couple even though that was entirely impossible.

  After all, both of them were alphas and they might fight over dominance in their relationship.

  "Aah, really?" Lily sighed before drinking her hot coffee. "But he does look more... unlike him than usual? I can't really explain it. I mean, he was sweating a lot even though the air conditioner is working, he looks incredibly flushed, he even flinches whenever one of us greets him! As his underling, I am a bit worried that he might have fallen ill."

  Claude? Flinching? For some reason, that surprised him the most. There was a confused expression on Felix's face as he looked down at the doughnut he was about to eat. "... I'm... I'm sure that it's only a simple cold, is all. He did once told me about how he had to go to the pharmacy a few days ago," he said, hoping what he was saying really was the truth. "He has a meeting to attend in the next few hours so I hope he's feeling a bit better. I'm pretty sure he has some cold pills with him."

  The way Lily stared at him clearly meant that she did not believe him one bit. She shrugged her shoulders and put her now empty mug on the counter. "I'm going to get back to working with the others. You should tell the director in advance for the meeting. I'm sure he doesn't want anyone else to worry about him." She then walked out of the pantry, smiling while waving at him. "Talk to you later, Felix."

  All he did was smile back and waved his hand that was still holding the half-eaten doughnut. After finally eating the doughnut which was coated in powdered sugar, he decided to walk back to his own work desk, performing his regular duties as Claude's assistant. 

  Word of Claude being sick started to stir among the other workers of the floor Felix was on. Some of them were even asking him about the director's condition. How else was he going to answer except for only saying "I'm sure he's doing fine. I'm sure he's taking his medicine prescribed by his personal doctor."

  About an hour had passed. After looking at his phone screen and realising it was 12.00 in the afternoon, an hour and a half away from the scheduled meeting with the other members of the board, Felix might as well knock on Claude's door and tell him about it in advance.

  "I'm going to Claude's office," Felix told Diana who sat beside him. As another fellow alpha, she was allowed to sit beside him. After all, most of the workers working on this floor were omegas.

  Imagine how much of a shock it was to everyone when Claude specifically ordered the people in charge of hiring new workers that they must be omegas to be able to work underneath him. According to the man himself, it was because omegas barely had the opportunity to work at large corporates due to the fact that they were the lowest in the omegaverse hierarchy so he wanted them to have a chance. He didn't even allow alphas to work for him, except for Felix and Diana obviously since they were his most trusted companions.