Jealousy [Smut]

"You know Felix, I never thought you'd be the type to be jealous so easily," Claude said in mild amusement as he looked at the knight who sat across from him in the carriage they were in. Usually, it would be Athanasia who would ride the carriage with him. However, since she insisted on staying at the ballroom until the birthday party for her was over with, while he wanted to return back to his palace, Felix had offered himself to go with him.

  Felix tilted his head, seemingly in confusion. He smiled weakly. "Pardon me Your Majesty but I have no idea what you're talking about," he said even though he knew just what Claude meant by that.

  Claude's smirk made Felix's heart beating even faster. His grey eyes were always glued to every movement the emperor made. The way Claude folded his leg on top of the other, the way he tucked his blond hair behind his ear, the way the jewel blue calculative eyes looked through him like an open book, Felix paid attention to everything.

  "You don't think I haven't noticed the way you looked at me from afar while I was socialising with the other nobles?" Claude asked. "I thought you could kill someone with that cold gaze of yours. I never even knew that you could stare at someone like that."

  "You must have mistaken, Your Majesty," Felix answered. "I was only... looking out for you. After all, my main duty is to protect Obelia's beloved emperor."

  "... You're terrible at lying, you know?"

  "Of course, Your Majesty."

  Claude sighed. "... You really did shock me when you suddenly interrupted my conversation with that marquess from earlier," he said. "And you were even bold enough to grab me by the waist. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice it since we were nowhere near the crowded areas."

  "... I confess. I am jealous." Felix ran his fingers through his hair. "I know it's foolish of me to have that emotion, especially when I know that we are... official, as to how the princess called it." The carriage hit a small bump, causing both passengers to jump slightly. The moonlight which entered through the carriage window made Claude even more beautiful somehow. It made him more... serene. "However, I couldn't really shake that feeling off of me even when I wanted to... Is that... horrible of me?"

  "... Felix, look at me," Claude said in a deep voice as he pulled down the collar of his royal uniform.

  That made Felix flustered for some reason. "Y-Your Majesty, I don't think it's a good idea for you to -"

  "Do you see this?" the emperor cut him off before he could say anything else. In the dark night only illuminated by the moon's bright light, Claude's jewel blue eyes glowed. "Do you see this bite mark which you left on me just yesterday?"

  Felix was not blind. Of course, he could see the faint teeth indents on the man's fair neck. "... Yes, Your Majesty?"

  "And do you happen to remember what you said to me as you gave me this bite mark?" Claude asked while smirking knowingly. "About how seeing this mark on me will remind me that I am forever yours and all that other romantic stuff?"

  Felix blushed. "I uh... It sounded better back then but thinking about it now made me realise just how cheesy it actually was."

  "Hm." Claude shook his head. Without saying much, the royal leaned forward, slightly lifting himself up from the carriage seat for a while. Felix warned him that the carriage was still moving so he should sit back down. But of course, he was too stubborn to listen to what his knight had to say.

  "... Claude?" Felix found himself getting flustered when the aforementioned man gently grabbed his hand, guiding it to his cheeks, gently caressing it. Claude hummed before nuzzling his head into his knight's warm hand.