When Athy finds out [Fluff]

Athanasia smiled to herself while swirling the porcelain teacup in her hand around, watching the hot liquid inside it moving. "This is nice," she said. "Having a nice cup of tea in my private garden with my second favourite man in the entire world."

  It... felt weird for the knight who sat across from the sixteen-year-old princess. Sitting in  Claude's usual seat underneath the marble gazebo, Felix never thought he would have the opportunity to have a private tea party with her. All he could do was smile politely at her before drinking his own cup of tea. A bit too sweet for his taste, but still enjoyable nonetheless. "I am guessing that the number one spot is taken by his Majesty?" he asked.

  "Am I really that predictable?" Athanasia giggled before taking a sip of her tea. She hummed, obviously pleased by its sweetness. After placing the teacup on its saucer that was on the table, She leaned forward a bit. "Felix, you do know that my love for my father is endless, right?"

  ... Why was she suddenly asking him that?

  And what's with the sudden cold aura surrounding him? Wasn't it supposed to be summertime?

  Felix could only laugh a bit to ease his nervousness. Why was he even nervous in the first place, anyway? "But of course, princess. Your love for his Majesty knows no bounds. Everyone in Obelia knows that."

  "And as someone who cherishes my father greatly, of course, I also want him to have his own happiness," Athanasia continued, her long blonde locks of hair flowing back from the slight breeze. She managed to catch a red rose petal which was falling slowly in front of her. "You're still following me, Felix?"

  "Yes, your Highness," Felix responded, feeling a bit uneasy by the way Athanasia looked at him with her large jewel blue eyes. It almost seemed like they were sparkling blue diamonds. That was what he often associated her father's eyes whenever they were alone when he wanted to act like a goofy flirt towards him. "... Why are you bringing up his Majesty to our conversation? May I ask you that?"

  "I'm going to cut to the chase." Athanasia took a deep breath while closing her eyes. After sighing, she opened her mouth.

  "Felix, I know about your secret relationship with dad."

  Thank goodness Felix wasn't drinking his tea or else he would have spat it out, hitting Athanasia's face.

  However, he was still holding onto his half-full teacup so he did spill a bit of hot tea. He let out a yelp, feeling his hand burning a bit before abruptly putting the teacup on the table. "I-I beg your pardon?!" he cried out, his voice actually cracking for the first time in a while. Was it just him or did he felt a bit hot underneath his uniform? There was a nervous smile on his face. "Y-Your Highness, where on Earth did you get that assumption from?"

  Athanasia frowned. "Felix, I'm not that stupid," she told him. "I've already known about it for a few months now. I just didn't want to tell you both about it since I know it will be awkward for all of us."

  "... I... see...," his words trailed off. Felix looked away at the crown princess for a moment while running his long fingers through his red hair. Surely, his cheeks were a dark crimson from embarrassment. "Um, I can explain about how -"

  "You don't need to tell me now, Felix." Athanasia smiled reassuringly at the flustered knight. She was glad that they were the only people this far in her private garden. Originally, she planned on confronting them both about it but then she thought about it again and decided to just confront the knight alone. Luckily, Claude was busy with paperwork at the moment. "I'd rather be kept in the dark right now about how you ended up... making love to my father."