chapter nineteen - birthday suit.

MAYBE THEY knew what would happen if they both went back to Ophelia's apartment at the end of the night. Maybe that's how they wanted it to be. Regardless, neither of them planned to get so hot and bothered on the kitchen counter.
      "Aaron," She breathed in between trailing kisses on his neck. Aaron. A sound resembling a growl erupted from his throat; he loved hearing her say his name, especially like that.
      "Are you sure?" He intertwined his fingers in her hair at the nape of her neck and made a fist.
      "I'm more than sure," His eyes were dark with lust, but his voice was darker. She could feel his warm breath on her shoulder, sending a chill down her spine. She nodded and he buried his face into the crook of her neck, sucking on her soft skin. Once he released, he smirked at the forming bruises he had left. He knelt down and folded her skirt up, revealing her upper thighs and black underwear. He spread her legs apart, which still dangled off the edge of the island, allowing his head in between them as he planted gentle kisses on the inside of her thighs. Her breath was incredibly heavy, like she had just run a marathon. She gripped his raven locks to stifle a moan. He rose up to her level, his hands still wondering below her waist.
      "Aaron," She couldn't hold it back any longer.
      "Tell me what you want," He grumbled, kissing above the neckline of her dress. She squirmed under his fingers; she wanted more.
      "Tell me," He repeated. He loved to see her struggle to form a sentence, especially since it was him making her so flustered. 
      "You," Another growl and her legs were wrapped around his waist as he carried her to the bedroom.

Calm. The only things left were their synchronic breathing and the occasional sigh. Aaron laid on his back, Ophelia's head on his shoulder and their legs intertwined beneath them. He gently played with her hair, the same hair that he had pulled just moments before, and stared at the ceiling. The quiet and skin-on-skin contact put her to sleep almost immediately, leaving him to his thoughts and the darkness. Did that really just happen? He couldn't tell if he was excited or not. No matter how hard he tried, they always seemed to come back to this, in her bed in the early hours of the morning. He wasn't necessarily upset about that though. Before he could think too much about it, he too was drifting off to sleep in her arms.

Ophelia blinked herself awake, and was surprised to find Aaron laying underneath her. She groaned, stretching her limbs out to the best of her ability. She heard him inhale sharply and she knew he was waking up too.
"Hi, baby," His morning voice was raspy and weak, but in an attractive way. Baby. That was new.
"Hi," She placed a kiss on his toned shoulder. His arms wrapped back around her from when they fell during the night.
"Come here," He groaned as he turned on his side to face her. She smiled, his eyes and lips were adorably puffy.
"You stayed," She looked into his eyes which were slightly red from still waking up. He nodded.
"Mhm," He leaned in and pressed their lips together. She pulled her wrist towards her to look at the beautiful jewelry that still hung around it. Aaron chuckled.
"I'm glad you like it," He watched as it sparkled when she swiveled her wrist.
"I love it," For just a moment, she imagined what it would look like if she had a matching ring on her finger. "Spencer told me how much it was, by the way," He laughed and let his face fall into the pillow.
"I'm sure he did," A slight blush rose to his cheeks.
"No more spending four figures on jewelry for me, kay?" She giggled, but she was serious.
"Yes, ma'am," He replied jokingly. She let her hand fall to rest on his chest. She couldn't get the image of a ring out of her head.
"Shower with me?" She offered, trying to pull herself out of those thoughts. He brushed the hair out of her face and smiled genuinely at her.
"Of course," Before she could attempt to get up, he pulled her on top of him. She squealed, afraid he was trying to throw her off the bed. They laughed together, just admiring the other. Ophelia leant down and connected their lips, kissing him deeply. His hands found her hips and she pulled away.
"I'll get the warm water started," She teased, quickly hopping off of him and onto the ground. He groaned.
"Why do you do this to me?" He mused with pleading eyes.
"I'm asking you to shower with me, what do you think that means?" He immediately got to his feet and followed her into the en suite bathroom. She giggled at his excitement. As she started the warm water and laid out towels for them after the fact, all she could think about was one thing. Even if the rest of the day was shitty, it would still be a perfect day. Waking up to him next to her made that possible. He made everything alright, and that was undeniable.