Twenty two

I surprised myself with how soon I conjured up a chapter. But honestly I typed this in between my breaks each day because apparently I get inspiration when my time is limited but I hope you enjoy!

____________

"But he does. His rage will make for more interesting sport than his feeble attempt to protect you...and Rosalie to protect you." He focused on Katherine who gripped the pepper spray in her hand.

Katherine quickly sprayed his eyes pulling then pushing Bella forward.

"Run Bella!" They made it half way across before James stood in front of Bella. He grabbed a fist full of her hair yanking her to the side, she slid, cracking her head open on the corner of a pillar. Katherine's eyes were nearly bulging out as James grabbed her by the throat, throwing her. She let out a scream as she crashed down into a standing mirror, the glass shattering on impact. Her head smacked the ground, she laid un-moving.

Katherine's eyes snapped open at the sound of Bella's screams but a weight weighed them down causing her to drift off.

"Bella." She uttered.

Screaming.

"Bella." Katherine scrambled out of her bed and ran out to the hall meeting her father outside her door nearly breathless from how fast she moved out of bed.

"Let me." She said stopping Charlie. Charlie looked at his daughter with sad, tired eyes. She walked into her room she shook Bella's arm, she gasped her eyes snapped open. "Hey, shh it's okay." She said grabbing her hand. Bella was panting, she closed her eyes tightly and she saw the tears streaming down. "Bella...."

"I'm fine." Bella said making Katherine sigh,

"No you're not." Bella looked up at her sister with her tear stained face shaking her head.

"How do you do it? I can't even close my eyes without seeing him or them. Just how?" Katherine looked at her sadly.

"It wasn't easy I mean... it's not. I still have those dreams with James, sometimes Rosalie is there. And....I miss them too." She sniffled.

"I think that's the first time you really said anything about them." Katherine gave a dry chuckle.

"I suppose. But....Bella I couldn't let her win. I couldn't let Rosalie win she's taken too much out of me and so has Edward with you. Bella you CAN'T let Edward win. I know you love him trust me I do but you can't let ruin your life. We're in our senior year of high school this is only the beginning, don't let this hold you back from your future." Katherine grabbed Bella's hand. "I've been working my ass of ever since I got a job and I've drowned myself in school work, I spend time with people before this year I wouldn't normally hangout with. Distracting yourself helps."

"Oh yeah?" She asked. Katherine shrugged then nodded.

"It's not always a permanent solution but it definitely helps yes. Keeping yourself occupied beats being stuck with the demons inside your head. It's not healthy, and Charlie and I are worried, he's worried about the both of us, but I just got better at being okay. I couldn't deal with it anymore, it's not healthy. And it's not healthy for you either." Bella nodded in agreement.

"I know I just-"

"It's okay to not be okay Bella. But something has to happen, Charlie and mom have been talking about you moving to Florida-"

"I'm not leaving!" Bella sat up abruptly.

"Shhh shut up!" She shushed her sister glancing at the closed bedroom door. "Relax okay? We will figure something out. For now just try to get some sleep, I'll see you in the morning." Katherine stood up from the bed and made her way to the door.