Black Mass

Day 19 morning

At first you couldn't close your eyes knowing your awaiting future, but the exhaustion of the pain along your body finally made you fall asleep. You wake up alarmed, turning to your side but rapidly sitting on the bed due to some of the cuts touching the sheets.

-Hey! You need to calm down.

-What time is it? Oh, no, it's today, isn't it? I need to get out of here, Madelyn, please! – you try to get up but she refrains you from doing so.

-Don't be stupid, Sheila would shoot you as soon as you cross the door. And it won't be lethal so unless you want to add more suffering to your being, I suggest you stay here.

-Michael hasn't woken up, has he?

-I'm sure he hasn't. Tell me something: does he know you are a Christian? – you nod – And how did you find out that he was... of that kind of nature?

Flashback

You are looking into the closet of your room. The candles don't illuminate well but you want to find that rosary. You are sure you left it on the night table but it's not there anymore and it can be possible that your memory got messed up due to the hunger. There are a pile of books, some old blankets and what Venable really considers important: two more purple dresses as the one you are wearing. It's not there. You think someone could have hidden it just to annoy you or maybe Coco is putting a joke upon you since she seems to consider you as an inferior human being because of your preference to isolate yourself with your prayers and not minding popularity. You take the chair that's next to your bed and step on it to search on the roof of the closet. Your hand gropes but you only touch dust. Maybe Venable isn't so tidy after all. I bet she'd be running in circles if she finds out, you chuckle.

"Well isn't that a bit naughty?".

-Hello? – you speak at the voice you heard. You carefully turn around on the chair – Is anybody there? – You are about to put a foot on the floor but a snake suddenly passes by and you scream scared, stepping back on the seat. The animal doesn't go away, instead, it's circling the chair in slow motion, trapping you up there – Come on guys, it's not funny! Please, I want to get down, take it away, please.

"How nice pleads sound coming from you".

A second after you hear the voice again, all the candles go off and it terrifies you, knowing you can't move from your position.

-Please! Someone, help! – the muscles of your legs start to shake and then you lose balance and fall off the chair but a pair of arms catch you as the candles are lit again all of a sudden. You turn around to see the person who is holding you on your feet and see Michael – Mister Langdon, careful, there's a snake, there is...!

-Shh, shh, shh – he hushes and grins sinisterly with eyes narrow – There's nothing.

-No, it's here, it's... - you look everywhere at the floor but you can't find it – Where did it go?

-Maybe back to where it came from – he says and you perceive the mischievous vibes so you squirm to get away but he doesn't release you.

-The candles... how was that possible?

-I told you that you were going to find yourself believing in things that belong to that darkness.

You shiver at his smile and squirm harder. This time you are successful but as soon as you do a few steps backwards, he moves forward and traps you with your back against the closet.

-Who are you? What are you? - you gasp as his index finger sinks at the stomach part of your corset and goes all the way up to your chin, tilting it up.