The Metal Family

Dr Eggman looked up sharply as Orbot and Cubot returned.

"Well?" he snapped impatiently.

"None of the large machinery have been taken, Sir," Orbot told him. "Or tampered with."

"What about other equipment?" Eggman pressed. "Weapons?"

Cubot made an odd noise. "...We're down a capsule."

Eggman's frown deepened. "What kind of capsule?"

"One of the minibot capsules for the Gachapandora Mech," Orbot said.

His master said nothing. He simply rubbed his temples and looked worried.

"...Does that mean something, Sir?"

"...It means that we've got more to worry about."

* * * * * * *

If you were to ask Silver if he had any flaws he may have admitted that he tended to talk more when he got nervous around new people. When it was something he couldn't see, blinded and tied up in a cold metal tunnel, chattering seemed to be the only thing keeping him focused.

"I don't live here," he was muttering to himself. The unknown friend of Metal Sonic's had released his arm but that did nothing to calm his nerves because now he hadn't the faintest idea where it was. He was ridiculously tired but he wouldn't dare sleep - not with those robots out there and unaccounted for. "I don't live here. I don't... I don't live here. I don't live here... I got friends. ... It's cold. ... I can hear the wind. ... "

"He hAteS it."

Silver jumped and almost bit through his tongue. It was the first time that the voice, who he could only presume belonged to this other robot, had spoken to him and what was even more unnerving was the fact that the voice sounded as though it belonged to a very young roboticised girl.

"Ffff-" Silver broke off before he swore. "Who-?" His mouth went dry and he felt his spines begin to tremble again. "You're the, um... the one keeping me 'company'." He thought he heard something move over to his left. "A-Are you going to hurt me?"

A pause. Then the robot girl's voice came again, "No."

Silver turned his ears this way and that, swivelling them as far as he could stretch as he tried to pinpoint the source of the sound.

"... Where are you?" he asked.

His answer, however, was a long high-pitched giggle and the returning sound of heavy metal footsteps.

"It's beeN sevEraL houRs. GoOd morNing," Metal Sonic's fake voice now addressed him. "ARe you ReaDy?"

"What am I doing?"

"You aRe telliNg me HoW I can tRaveL to thE futUre."

"You can't," Silver said defiantly, bracing for another sharp slap. "Not unless you have the Time Stones from Little Planet. Or at least two Chaos Emeralds."

"I haVe 1 CHAOS EMERALD."

"Well... that's not enough."

The slap didn't come but he did hear a warning growl. 

"And aM I to asSuMe, theN, tHat you havE two CHAOS EMERALDs on yoUr perSon at All timEs for WHen you muSt TravEL?"

"Er," Silver gulped, "no it's different for me."

"HOw sO?"

Silver was being backed into a corner. "...It's complicated."

At that moment, the goggles which were blinding him were removed but because of the darkness around him, Silver didn't flinch at the sudden ability to see. He did flinch at the sight of Metal Sonic, however, stood only 30 centimeters from his chair. Metal Knuckles was walking round to the side with the goggles hanging off his arm and the Tails Doll now finding a perch on his shoulders instead.