Scrapped Metal

Metal Sonic stepped into the tunnel and shook himself, casting a commanding glance around to look at Silver.

"WeLcomE bAck, METAL SONIC," chirped the Amy Doll, pattering over and touching the robot hedgehog with her antennae.

Sonic couldn't remember the last time he'd dealt with an Amy Doll but he could remember the feel of her strong grip as she tightened her arms around your limbs. She was small but that only served to make her more terrifying - just like Tails Doll.

"...QuiTe a homE You have, SILVER THE HEDGEHOG," Metal Sonic spoke to Silver.

Silver, still shaking from the Amy Doll, glared at him from under his eyelids.

"You better have left everything the way you found it," he snarled. It wasn't the tone of voice one normally associated with Silver. It was a 'Shadow' tone.

Metal Sonic almost appeared amused by this as he wafted his claws in Silver's direction, turning to Amy Doll isntead.

"I have bEen aBLe to aqUire the DAta nesseSsaRy to our oBjectivEs," he said to her. "The deADlock files oN the GUN databAse werE correCt."

"What are you talking about?" Silver asked instantly. "What files? What... what 'data' have you found?"

A few seconds passed in which only Amy Doll's chittering could be heard as she clung to Metal Sonic's ankle, comfortably sat on his red plated foot.

In response to Silver's question, Metal gave a cryptic answer:

"...It doEs nOt matteR if one BelieveS that SONIC THE HEDGEHOG was boRn of ChaOs or not. All thaT maTters is tHAt some bElievEd he Was the firST key In unlOCking ulTimAte liFe."

Upon hearing the seemingly random reply, Silver cocked a quizzical eyebrow.

"...Oookay..."

Hidden from sight, Sonic was listening with a tremble beginning to grow in his legs as he heard his metal rival discuss him in such a way.

"TIme trAvel was THe answER," the robot went on. "The pAst anD the futURe are cOnneCTed by oNe tHing."

Silver rolled his eyes. "...I'm going to go out on a limb and buzz my answer in as 'the present'?"

"CorrEct. CuRRent eveNts."

"Ah, you see that depends." Sonic had apparently instilled some sort of confidence in Silver by coming to his rescue because the pyschokintetic hedgehog was feeling more like himself. "I mean, where I live, THAT is what I know as the present. Right now, I consider myself as being in the past. 'The Present' just refers to the period of time you're living in and 'The Past' and 'The Future' are the just the periods of time that surround you as an individual." Silver grinned cheekily. At this rate, he might be able to clear his mind enough to use his psychokinesis again.

Metal's cold gaze, however, soon chilled any form of victory that Silver was feeling.

"...FoOlisHly, you HAve misTakEn mE foR soMEonE who aSkeD for Your oPInion."

Silver pursed his lips and bowed his head.

"...Heck, the way you said that sounded really cool..."

"AnD for aNOther thiNg, I conSider 'The Present' to be wherever SONIC is," Metal continued. "YOu arE 'The FutUre'. SHADOW is 'The Past'."

"Why do you lump us together?" asked Silver, frowning once more. "Just because we're all hedgehogs and we all look the same - if you ignore the obvious fur colour and spine style differences - doesn't mean we need to be banded together as a group."