35.Chapter

Jungkook and I were walking out the shop, when suddenly a girl in front of us started talking.
"Jungkook. I haven't seen you in a while. How are you? I would have never expected you to come to Chicago, but since you are here, you can call me when you need me. Who's the girl next to you?"

What. In. The. World.... I knew jungkook had things going on with some girls, but I never thought of meeting one of them. I wasn't prepared for it. Not even close to prepared.
It somehow hurt me to know that she had something with Jungkook.

I looked down, somehow feeling ashamed. I thought that we could just go back to what we had been, but obviously I was wrong. We both hadn't been together for the past years nor had we talked much about what happened.

Maybe Jungkook wasn't the man I needed in my life. I wouldn't be able to stand many situations like that. It would break me. This relationship was toxic and it would always stay like that. Maybe we weren't meant for each other.

"The person right next to me is my girlfriend." Jungkook stated.
I looked at his hands. They were already formed into fist.  I touched his hand. Maybe that would calm him down.
"I didn't know you'd be the relationship type of guy... Wait... Is she a mistress who you're taking with you to your parents so they won't start telling you to marry someone?" 
Jungkook suddenly started walking dangerously close towards her.
"If you'll ever say something like that again, you'll be dead. Don't ever mention our past again and don't ever talk to me or her ever again." I heard him whisper.
"I thought you liked having sex with me." She replied almost inaudible for me to hear.
"Did you know he likes it rough? You don't seem like someone who could take it. I'm warning you to stay away rather than getting hurt. He's evil, but I guess you already know that. But I bet you've never seen him getting angry at you. Would you be able to handle him even if he'd hurt you? Or if he'd start killing someone in front of you?" She asked me.

I looked down, not knowing what to say. I wasn't sure myself. I knew that those situations might become reality, but I always had had faith in hope. Would hope lead me the right way though? Relying on hope was like holding onto a dream to become reality. If it would turn out bad, you'd be even more hurt than you would have been anyway.

"I would never hurt you, you know that." Jungkook said, lifting up my chin to look at him. He wiped away a tear that I didn't even know was falling down.
He killed your step-mom and hurt your feelings. Who knows, he might be lying again. Do you want to end up even more hurt. I heard my inner voice. Jungkook was a good man, wasn't he? And he loved me, didn't he? He wouldn't hurt me, right? Jungkook had manners, didn't he? He wouldn't lay a finger on me, right.

"You can see him fighting with himself, can't you? What if he won't be able to control it? What if he'd cheat on you? What if he'd get violent against you? What if he'd sexually assault you? You would keep falling into his trap, because you can't see his real self." Amelia stated.

I looked into Jungkook's eyes.
"You know I'd never do that, right? You trust me, right?" He asked, suddenly looking sadly at me. I nodded slowly. I couldn't bring out any words. I was too shocked with everything happening.
"Do you know with how many girls he slept? Would someone who'd really love you do something like that?" She asked.

Suddenly, I saw Jungkook's eyes turn pitch black. He turned around, walking towards Amelia.
As he stood right in front of her, he yelled:
"I told you to not talk to us ever again,  yet you're standing here, throwing ugly words out of your mouth. You know what I told you, yet you chose to ignore it."
And then, he slapped her.
"Jungkook!" I screamed angrily, running towards Amelia who had fallen to the floor. 
"Are you fine? " I asked her, while I was helping her stand up from the floor.
"You shouldn't punish others for the mistakes you make. She may has taken it a bit to far, but you shouldn't have slapped her like that.", I said, turning towards Jungkook.
"Y/n." He said, grabbing my arm.
"I'm sorry." Jungkook continued.
"I think I need a break." I said, smiling sadly at him.
"We seem to encounter a lot of toxic situations together. You should take yourself some time, too. Maybe go back to Korea and visit your parents and friends. You should rethink if I'm really somebody you want to spend the rest of your life together. I think it's the best for us to have another break, before we'd destroy each others hearts completely."

I gave Jungkook one last kiss, before leaving the place. Tears were falling down my face. Maybe this was it. This was the end of our journey. In a few years, Jungkook would probably be married to a woman he'd love, he'd have lots of kids with her and he'd be happy. If I wouldn't have let him go, he'd always hold onto a dream that would never be able to become reality. It better ended now than when it was to late.

I turned my head back, looking at the place I had been just a few seconds ago. Jungkook was still standing there, not moving at all. I felt sorry, but one day, when he finally will have found his happiness he'd thank me. The pain will have faded and we both would have a happy family, but not together. That was the way it needed to be. A world like mine and a world like his would never fit. Even if there had been happy moments, there had always been sad ones that made me question everything that had happened between the two of us. My heart ached for his, but I needed to be realistic.