5| Sickness

Chapter 5: Sickness (Hope's POV)

"You're really just gonna be a complete dick when we're alone?" I groaned. He's been ignoring me since I got into this car. 

And he didn't even open the door for me. 

That one hurt. Then he... surprise, surprise! Ignored me again.

"Did anything change while I was gone?" I asked, looking out the window, knowing well enough that he wasn't going to answer me. I was trying. 

Every person on this planet has a weak spot. When they're mad at you, there's always a way to earn their forgiveness. First, you always make up and apologize for it. When it comes to Blake, after you've got that, you annoy the shit out of him until he starts finding it funny and then forgives you completely. It's just how it is. 

"Can you at least tell me a little bit about Jonah?" I pulled my legs up, crossing them and turning my body to face him. 

"Don't you know things about your boyfriend?" 

"I do, but not as much as I should." 

"That ignorant, are you?" He glanced at me. 

I rolled my eyes, "Not ignorant. He asked me to be his girlfriend right away. We didn't go out first. So, I don't know as much as I should," I explained. "I don't even know his favorite candy. Nor does he know mine," I mumbled to myself. He should know my favorite candy. 

"Starburst," Blake said. 

"He likes Starbursts too?" I asked in surprise. 

"No, that's your favorite. He likes chocolate." 

I don't like chocolate. My nose scrunched up and I zoned out, not realizing we had arrived. 

"Get out of my car." 

I shot him a glare but listened nonetheless. I let out a sigh and grabbed my phone, ready to climb out. "Night," I said. 

"Out," he ordered. 

I huffed, rolling my eyes at him and then getting out, walking up to my front door, and then heading inside, not sparing him a glance. When I walked into the house, my dad was already home, obviously, it's really late. 

He was sitting at the kitchen counter, sorting through papers. He's a lawyer and tends to be wrapped in a case at all times. "I thought you weren't gonna speak to him," he said without looking up at me. 

"I said that before I was running into him at dinners, dad," I sighed, sitting beside him, looking through the papers just for fun. "What are you looking for?" 

"The date my client signed that lease," he groaned, taking his glasses off. 

I looked through two papers before finding the date. "Here. Twenty-first September last year." 

"I thank god for you," he sighed in relief, circling the date and then continuing. 

"Good night, Dad," I smiled. 

"Night, honey." I went up to my room, changed into my pajamas, got my makeup off, and then crawled into bed. I was physically and mentally exhausted from that dinner. First off, he didn't tell me earlier that his entire family was going to be there. Second of all, I wasn't prepared for the night to last so long and for the dinner to end this late. Thirdly... is it just me or did Blake get uncomfortable when he saw Jonah kiss me? 

Maybe it was jealousy. 

Why would he be jealous? It's probably not jealousy. 

But if it is?