14| Stupid

Chapter 14: Stupid (Blake's POV)

Within ten minutes of me stepping into my house, it started pouring rain outside. It's going to be ten times colder tomorrow. I've been standing at Hope's door for fifteen minutes now, ringing the doorbell and she's not answering. I was getting kind of worried. I managed to only get a little wet from the rain while running from my car to her front door. But going from here to her kitchen window, I'll be drenched. It's pouring down on us. 

"For the love of God," I sighed, making sure my phone was as deep into my pocket as it could go. I ran down her porch and around the house, stopping at the kitchen window. I'm already drenched. Great. I banged on the window at hard as I could. She jumped, ripping her earphones out. 

How loud is she listening to music? 

She yelled through the window but she forgets the glass is soundproof. I shook my head. She pointed at the front door and then ran to the closet, grabbing two spare towels. I groaned, running back to the front door, first drying my shoes on the doormat so I don't ruin the house. I'm definitely getting sick now. 

She opened the door, pulling me inside and closing the door quickly. "What the hell is wrong with you? Are you stupid?" 

"Am I stupid?" I scoffed. "Are you stupid? You're home alone and blasting music in your ears. You wouldn't hear a bomb going off in here." 

"What are you doing here?" she rolled her eyes. 

"I was trying to apologize, but I'm doubting my decision now." 

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, shaking her head. "Lose the jacket," she instructed. I listened and took it off, the wet fabric sticking to my arms. I was giving it to her but she wasn't going to take it. "What? You know where the laundry room is, leave that in the freaking drier," she said. 

I followed her there, leaving it in the drier and she turned it on. I then followed her upstairs to the guest bathroom. She handed me the towel, leaving the other one on the counter. She stood there, watching me as I dried myself. "You are so stupid," she stated. I rolled my eyes, giving her a blank look. "You could have called me and stayed under the roof of the porch to stay dry. Dumbass," she rolled her eyes. 

"What do I do about this?" I asked, gesturing to my wet clothes. 

She thought for a minute, leaning her hip against the counter. "You know how you were a scrawny kid that wore clothes twice your size?" she asked. 

"What?" 

"I still have your clothes from then. They should fit you now," she shrugged. 

"You still have those?" 

"Yeah, wait here. I'll go grab them," she rolled her eyes, sauntering away to her room which was on the other end of the hallway. She disappeared inside and I turned to my reflection in the mirror, already noticing my eyes, nose, and lips turning red. All signs of a cold for me. 

I groaned, rubbing my eyes before drying my hair as much as I could with the towel. I tossed the towel on the counter and grabbed the hem of my shirt, peeling it off and throwing the towel on the floor, putting my wet clothes on top of it so the floor stayed dry. I took my shoes off and then my socks. I grabbed the other towel and dried my upper body and arms completely. She came back, the clothes stacked one on top of the other. It was a black hoodie with grey sweatpants. 

"They should fit you, I don't know. They won't be that loose so-" She stopped talking when she looked at me. Her eyes trailed down my face, then my body. "You're catching a cold," she stated.