17| Sneaky

Chapter 17: Sneaky (Hope's POV)

Twister was just fine. I had a feeling earlier than it was going to end up going wrong, I don't know why but that's what I thought would happen. Anyway, now we're heading to bed. We played a couple of games after that but we're all burned out for the night. 

Jonah grabbed my bag out of the pile still sitting by his couch and my hand. "Goodnight!" he called out while Vince and Willow walked by us, going into the other guest room. 

"Wait, my phone," I chuckled, pulling my hand out of his and running the couch, looking for it. I took it out of my pocket for twister, but now I don't know where I kept it. I want to find it before Blake comes back from the bathroom, bringing his blanket on the way. I feel kind of bad, I'm the reason he's sleeping on the couch. 

"Do you want me to wait for you?" Jonah called out. 

"No, I'll find it and come upstairs!" I replied, lifting cushions to look for it. I went into the kitchen, maybe I left it there. But nope. 

"Boo." 

I looked up, rolling my eyes. "Did you take my phone?" I asked, turning to face him. 

"Maybe," he smirked. 

"Blake, give it back." 

"No," he chuckled. 

"Please, I have to go upstairs and I need to call my dad, make sure he got home." 

"I'll call your dad," he shrugged, taking my phone out of the pocket of his sweatpants. "What's your passcode again?" he asked. 

"I'm not telling you," I huffed, reaching for it but he lifted his arm up over his head and there's no way I'm getting that. "Blake, come on I-" I grabbed onto his shirt when he pulled me forward from mine, causing me to crash into him. 

He sighed in defeat, placing it in my hands. "Your boyfriend is waiting for you." I looked up at him, easily noticing the agitation and somewhat disappointment in his eyes. 

"Night, Asshole," I mumbled. 

"Night, Princess," he said, letting go of me. I was on the stairs when he called me. "Hope!" I turned around to face him. He held a Snickers bar before tossing it to me. I managed to catch it but I was confused. "Go give it to your boyfriend so he knows that you know his favorite chocolate," he rolled his eyes, turning off the kitchen light and going into the living room. 

I smiled to myself, jogging upstairs and opening Jonah's door. He was changing but he wasn't naked. Just shirtless. "Sorry, I didn't knock," I said, walking over anyway. 

"It's okay," he chuckled. "Find your phone?" 

"Yeah," I held it up. "And I found something for you." 

"Oh?" He raised his brows in question. I handed him the Snickers. He grinned, "And who told you these were my favorite?" He grabbed my hand, pulling me closer. 

"A little birdy," I smiled. 

"Well, I appreciate the Snickers," he chuckled before kissing me. My phone started ringing in my hand and he groaned, pulling away. 

I looked down at my screen. "It's my dad, sorry," I shrugged. 

"That's okay. I put your bag in the guest room for you," he informed. 

"Goodnight." 

"Night." He pecked my lips quickly. 

I answered the phone while walking out of his room. "Hey, dad," I sang.