16| Pleading

Chapter 16: Pleading (Blake's POV)

I ran an extra hour, taking out all my anger and frustration on my body, overworking the crap out of it for no apparent reason. "Shit," I panted, sitting on my front porch. It's completely dark and freezing out now. I think it's nearly nine o'clock. I rested my elbows on my knees, ducking my head down, letting my heart rate come down and my breathing catch up. 

"Blake." I looked up, seeing Hope standing there. 

"You should go," I said, shooting up. 

"Blake, wait." I huffed, turning to her and waiting for her to say whatever it is that she has to say. "Were you jealous?" she asked hesitantly. 

I rolled my eyes, "No, but it's annoying when I look at one best friend and I see him kissing his girlfriend, I look at the other and he's doing the same thing, and now when I look at you, I realize you're Jonah's girlfriend," I shrugged. That's not a complete lie. Vince is in a relationship, so is Jonah, so is she. It is annoying. But it's more so the jealousy. 

She narrowed her eyes at me. "You're jealous." 

"No, I'm really happy for him and you, actually. The PDA is just annoying. He shows it more than you do." 

"Is it annoying just because it's PDA and you're single or because it's PDA with... me and Jonah?" 

A little bit of both. "Both. Maybe," I huffed. 

"Get a girlfriend, Asshole," she said, sitting on the porch. 

I sat beside her, sighing. "It's not that easy, Princess." 

"I can help," she offered. Not in the way I want her to though. 

"I think I'll pass," I chuckled. 

"Why?" 

"I have... issues." 

"Uh oh... what kind of issues?" she asked. She just seemed genuinely curious, to be honest. 

"Jealousy issues, possessive issues, anger issues," I shrugged. 

She nodded in understanding. "Those aren't issues if she's loyal," she replied. "Maybe except for the anger thing. You said you haven't had a girlfriend yet?" she asked. 

"Nope," I shook my head. "The potential ones just turned out to be... bitches." 

"Wow, okay. Um, maybe we can find you one." 

"No, I don't want a girlfriend, Hope." 

Not one that isn't her anyway. 

"Why do you say that?" 

"You see," I sighed, standing up and pulling her up with me, taking her hand. "There's a little problem." 

"Which is...?" 

"There's this girl." Her eyebrows quirked up. "And she kind of has a special place in my heart. But the deal is, I can't have her." 

"Why?" 

I stared at her for a minute. "She belongs to someone else." Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Oh wait, she's with someone else. My bad," I smirked. 

"And who's she with?" she asked, playing along. 

She knows I'm talking about her. 

"I can't tell you that, it'll give it away, Princess." 

She nodded slowly, "Okay, how about you just tell me what she's like?" I thought. "But before that, I am pleading you, literally pleading you," she scoffed, "But on a jacket. Go inside and put on a jacket and then call me. We'll talk about your mystery girl then," she chuckled.