22| Freak

Chapter 22: Freak (Blake's POV)

"Oh my God, okay Hope!" I groaned, pushing her hand away. 

She rolled her eyes, tossing the alcohol pad into the trash. "Ice it," she ordered. 

"Or..." I trailed off. 

"Or what?" she asked. 

"Or you can kiss it better," I smirked. 

"Nice try," she nodded. "There's an ice pack in the freezer, take it." 

"Why so sassy?" I asked, lifting a brow at her. 

"Why so annoying?" she retorted. She is not going to make this easy. Yeah, we like each other but we're not together and she is most certainly about to play hard to get. 

"One kiss?" 

"No," she scoffed, shaking her head and looking the other way. 

"Come on," I leaned in, lowering my voice. 

She rolled her eyes, trying to push me off so she could hop off but there's no way I'm listening to her that easily. "Blake." She finally looked at me, her gaze faltering and dropping to my lips for a second. I found myself smiling and leaning in even further. I noticed a blush creeping up to her cheek while she leaned back, trying to dodge the kiss. 

I rolled my eyes, grabbing her throat and pulling her forward. She nearly let out a gasp and stared down at me. "Why do you run from it all the freaking time?" I whispered. 

"Cause you're scary. And a freak." 

"I'm a freak?" I raised my brows at her. She nodded silently. "You're sitting here enjoying my hand around your throat, Princess." 

She grabbed my hand that was around her throat and pulled it off. "Now I'm not," she shrugged, pushing me away and hopping off the counter. She grabbed the first aid kit and put it back under the sink before washing her hands and walking out of the room. 

I may be a freak but she isn't any less of one. She started going upstairs, leaving me thinking if I should stick around and annoy her more or just go home and get annoyed by Kimberley. I'll take the first one. I jogged upstairs, entering her room while she was grabbing her pajamas. 

"What do you want?" she asked in a sing-song, clearly annoyed voice. 

"A kiss," I said mockingly. 

She snorted, heading for the bathroom but I blocked her way. She looked up at me blankly. "Move. Please." 

"Give me a kiss. Please." 

"I need to shower." 

"Kiss me and then you can shower," I shrugged, standing in the bathroom doorway. 

"Let me shower and then I can kiss you," she smirked. 

"Nice try," I nodded. 

She rolled her eyes, tossing her pajamas on the bed. "What?" she huffed, placing her hands on my chest. 

"What?" I asked innocently, grabbing her waist. "I'm just trying to kiss the girl I like." 

"She doesn't like you," she whispered. 

"She's a horrible liar," I smirked. 

"Really?" she asked, seeming amused. 

"Really," I nodded. 

"I don't want to kiss you," she said slowly, taunting me. 

"No?" I asked, feigning confusion.