28| Crooked

Chapter 28: Crooked (Blake's POV)

"He's your boyfriend?" James asked, slightly surprised. 

She nodded in response while I asked, "Why is that so surprising to you?" She elbowed my ribs gently and I tried keeping a lid on it. 

"She was never one to date back in New York. I didn't expect her to change her mind coming back here." 

"I guess it was more about the people there then," I shrugged. 

She cleared her throat, "Actually, it was just about one person." She dug her elbow further into my side. 

"So you did know him before coming to New York?" James asked. 

"I've known him my whole life. And liked him for it," she shrugged. 

He nodded, "Makes sense. At least now I know why you never gave me a chance," he chuckled. She gave him a sorry smile. "I should go, I'm here to babysit cousins, anyway. See you around," he nodded before leaving. 

She let out a breath while I rolled my eyes. She linked her arm with mine as we walked to the counter, I paid, and we took back our shoes. While we sat to pull on our shoes, my glare was fixated on James who was watching a group of kids from outside the skating rink. 

"Blake," she said, hitting my arm. I sighed, turning to her. "You're my boyfriend?" she asked. 

"Yes," I nodded. She tried not to smile but she failed horribly. "Yes, I am your fucking boyfriend." 

"You just sound jealous to me," she smirked. I glared at her and she put her hands up in surrender before grabbing either side of my face and kissing me. "All yours," she reminded me. 

"I thought people don't belong to people," I said, looking at her with raised eyebrows. 

"They don't. But sometimes people feel more secure when they think that they do. And anyway," she shrugged. "I don't have a problem being yours. But then that means you're mine." 

"Of course, I am." 

"Fair enough," she grinned, tying up her laces. I glanced at James while standing up. "I really wanted to make his crooked nose even more crooked," I said as we walked out. 

"His nose is crooked?" she asked in confusion. "I never noticed." 

"Good thing you didn't notice," I scoffed. 

"Blake," she said pointedly. "Come on. Cut it out." I sighed in defeat, both of us climbing into my car. After a while, she said, "Yeah, his nose is kind of crooked." I gave her an 'are you serious?' look when we stopped at a light. "I'm kidding. It is crooked though, I just never realized it till you said it. Sorry, sorry," she laughed, hugging my arm. 

I pulled my arm out of hers and put my hand on the wheel. 

"Blake," she whined, tugging at my arm. The light turned green and she stopped pestering me for the sake of our safety. When I pulled over in front of her house and didn't turn the car off, she turned to me. "Blake, come on," she pleaded. 

I'm not mad at her. But it's amusing seeing her like this. 

She leaned forward and turned the car off, taking the keys out and putting them in her pocket. I turned to her with a blank face, hoping she'd give me the keys back. She sighed in defeat, putting them in the cupholder. "Blake, I was kidding. I don't pay attention to him or his crooked nose, I swear," she groaned. I watched her. "I do pay attention to you and your non-crooked nose. Please, come on," she whined, tugging at my arm.