29| Santa's helper

Chapter 29: Santa's helper (Hope's POV)

"Ms. Rivers, your son is going to drop me!" I yelled. 

His mom came home earlier than normal and we're setting up their house for Christmas now. Christmas is next week. That's insane. 

"I'm not going to drop you," he laughed. "I've picked you up so many times before." He's currently holding me up to hand mistletoe under their front door. 

"I'm cold, Blake. Why aren't you just doing this? I bet you can reach it," I said, tying the knot. 

"Because last time you hung up mistletoe," he sighed, setting me back on my feet. "I got to do this," he smirked before kissing me. 

"You know," I mumbled against his lips. "As much as I love being Santa's helper and helping you set up," I chuckled, pulling away. 

"That doesn't make you Santa's helper, it makes you our helper," he grinned. 

"Same difference. Point is, I really have to get home." 

He shook his head, grabbing my hands and pulling me inside. "You're staying the night." 

"I can't." 

"I always stay the night at yours," he sighed. 

"I know, and I promise tomorrow I'll stay here but... I've got to talk to my dad, Blake," I whispered. 

He tilted his head to the side, looking at me like a sad lovesick puppy. "Please?" he whispered. 

I nodded slowly, "Okay, how about I go back home right now, and then I can come over after that?" 

He shook his head, "I'm not letting you walk back here on your own. Just... call me. Okay? After talking to your dad." 

I nodded in understanding. "Okay." 

"And maybe I can drop by?" 

"No," I shook my head. "You need to be with your family for a little bit," I chuckled. "You've been with me every single day, okay? Family first." 

"You are family though," he whispered. 

I tilted my head, smiling at him. That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me. 

"You've been there just as much as they have." 

"Blake," I chuckled, hugging him. He seemed confused because he hugged me back hesitantly. 

I think I'm falling in love with him. 

"Talk to you later?" I asked, pulling away. 

"Mm-hmm," he said against my lips as he kissed me. 

"Mm-hmm," I laughed while pushing him back. "Bye," I grinned. 

"What bye? I'm dropping you off. Are we walking or driving?" he asked. 

"We can drive because you'll have to be out in the cold for twice as long," I shrugged. 

He grabbed his keys and then we left. When we stopped in front of my house, his phone started ringing. "Hello?" he spoke into the phone. "Hey, what's up?" he asked. I looked at him in confusion and he mouthed 'Jonah.' I nodded in understanding and started climbing out of the car but he grabbed onto my hand so I sat back down. "When?" he asked. "Okay, starting at seven? Yeah, we'll be there. See ya, bye." 

"What's up?" I asked. 

"There's a party tomorrow. Willow's hosting, starts at seven and we are all expected to be there. Her parents are going out for the weekend so she's hosting a Christmas party kind of thing."