Chapter 6

"Tee! Would you just- Terence, would you fucking listen to me!" I shouted as He continued ignoring me, storming down the stairs.

I didn't particularly want to make a scene in front of everyone in the common room, but I needed to explain myself to him.

"Terence, please! Just wait!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him back, trying to catch my breath.

"What?" He asked flatly, avoiding eye contact.

"It's not what it looked like."

"Well what the fuck was it then? Cause it looked like you and Malfoy were getting hot and heavy." He snarled, pulling his arm out of my grasp.

"Terence, I wasn't- I was gonna tell you I just... I didn't know how to." I whispered, wringing my fingers in front of me.

"You didn't know how to? That's the best you've got? Friends for how many years and you still kept something that big from me because you didn't know how to tell me? That's fucking pathetic, Sydney. Find me when you're done being childish and ready to own up to your mistakes." He spat, turning away from me before I had the chance to respond.

"Syd, it's not that big of a deal. He'll get over it." Draco said, reaching for my arm.

This was wrong. All of it. Terence being mad at me, Draco being nice. None of it was right and I had no fucking idea how to fix it. It was all fucked and it was my fault.

"Don't touch me. You have no fucking idea." I growled, smacking Draco's hand away from me and storming up the stairs.

I let the door slam behind me, frantically trying to calm myself down. To convince myself that Draco was right and Terence would get over it. I could feel the rage bubbling inside my veins.

Without thinking, I picked up the closest thing to me and threw it as hard as I could. I watched numbly as the binding of the book I threw ripped in half, sending pages flying all around the room. I still didn't feel any better, in fact, I was suffocating now. Clawing at my chest in hopes that I would be able to rip the invisible rope that seemed to be around my neck.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" I screamed, my hands now tangled in my hair, pulling until my scalp was searing with pain. So much pain. But not enough to stop me.

I threw my arms across my desk, sending everything flying across the room in a fit of rage.

"Fucking Christ! Stop! You're gonna hurt yourself!" Draco yelled, slamming my door open.

I ignored him, reaching for another book to throw. Draco quickly wrapped his arms around me, his hold tight, keeping me from moving.

"Let go of me! Let me the fuck go!" I cried, punching his chest.

"No. Breathe, Syd. Just fucking breathe."

I stopped, my chest aching from the sobs that wracked through me. Draco held me tighter, restricting my arms as I sank to the floor. I could feel my heart pounding, making my head throb.

"He hates me. What the fuck am I supposed to d-do?" I whimpered, leaning further into Draco's arms.

Draco stayed quiet, running his hand through my hair while the other drew circles on my back. It was odd. Draco being caring. Almost... loving. If I dare go so far. He never showed signs of being human. Not until now.

"You're ok. It's gonna be ok. Just give him time." He cooed, placing a kiss on my forehead.

My body continued to shudder as my breathing slowed back to normal.

"I just- I don't know what- fuck." I whispered.

I knew I hurt Terence. It was an unspoken vow between us that we would never keep anything from each other. Not since he started having those nightmares.