Chapter 3

Peter
Peter woke up and sat up on the floor. He stretched and groaned at the slight pain in his back. The kids were still sleeping as he stood up and reached down to his toes. He counted to ten then came back up. He twisted his back and it popped. He walked over to the bars and slowly started to bend backwards, grabbing the bars and lowering himself down to the ground. He sighed in pleasure as he slowly moved back up.
"Nothing like a fresh exercise when you first wake up..." He started doing jumping jacks as Ciel woke up.
"What in the world are you doing?" Peter stared at the kid as he continued.
"Working... out... gotta... stay in... shape..." Ciel stared at him for a moment before rolling back over and mumbling.
"You're crazy..." Peter stopped and rolled his eyes.
"Maybe just a bit, I will agree with you on that." He smiled and started doing some push ups. "One, two, three, four, five..." The guard stuck her head around to look at him with a scowl.
"I do not want to hear your blabbing. Shut up!" Peter stopped counting out loud and looked at her from the side with his tongue out.
"Bite me!" Peter continued with his workout as the woman tried not to pull a weapon out on him. They glared at each other for a while with her hand on her gun. Lucy got up and walked over to Peter.
"I'm hungry and you make too much noise..." Peter looked at the small child.
"Not you too... I was already having a mouthing off problem from that crazy woman..." The woman pulled her gun out and cocked it.
"Don't make me... If I have to, I will..." Peter stared at her gun and stopped talking.
"Where's the food?" Peter sat on the ground and pointed to the bag under the pictures. Lucy went and grabbed a couple of twinkies, staring at the pictures while she ate. "Is this one me?" Peter nodded.
"Yeah I was having trouble sleeping so I tried to imagine what yours and Ciel's lives were like before this whole mess started." He looked at the picture he drew of the little girl and smiled. "How'd I do?" She stared at it as her eyes teared up.
"I miss mommy and sissy..." She started crying and Peter freaked out.
"Don't cry! I suck at comforting kids!" He turned to the woman who still had her gun pointed at him. "Do something! You're a woman!" The woman smirked sinisterly at Peter and walked in.
"Hey there kiddo, want to see something funny?" Lucy nodded and Peter got a bad feeling. The woman kneeled down in front of him and placed her gun on his thigh. "This is more for my own satisfaction than for the kids." With that she pulled the trigger and Peter screamed out in pain. Blood started oozing from the wound as the woman smirked down at him. She left their cell and went back to her post next to the cell. Peter laid in his own blood screaming out chains of curse words. Lucy was laughing and Ciel was startled in the bed staring down at the male.
"Shouldn't have been mean..." Ciel turned back around and went back to sleep as Peter stayed in his place on the floor.

Eren
Eren heard the gunshot, and memories flooded his head. He hadn't slept a wink, he reached into the nightstand and took out the medication and dry swallowed one of the pills before setting the bottle back into the drawer and shakily standing up. He wasn't going to leave the room until he knew he could hide his nerves. His body slowly untensed and then he ran from his room. There could only be one place that gunshots were usually aimed for, since people weren't supposed to because it could lure zombies closer, and that would be the holding cells. His legs screamed as he took every step, grabbing his camo jacket and slipping it onto his body as he continued to make his way to the medical center.
His immediate thought was that his sister had turned, which scared him badly. He couldn't, just couldn't lose her. Not like the rest of them. As he entered the building, he ran to her room and stopped at the door, peering into the room. The first thing he noted was the light breathing and lifting of her chest. The slow rising and falling seemed to relax him, he found his hand clutching the part of his chest that had begun to hurt badly, sharp knife-like cramps hitting his heart with every second it beat. Finally the pain subsided and he made his way to the room where the three were being held.
As he entered he saw blood nearly spilling out from under the cell door, his eyes traveled to the guard who looked indifferent, "Captain," she spoke calmly. His eyes entered the cell to find Peter on the ground, he was clutching onto his left thigh. Eren walked over to the cell and wrapped his fingers around the metal and peered inside.
"What happened?" His voice was cold and emotionless. But it was also deep and demanding.
"He was being annoying, stereotyped me because i'm a woman, so I shot him in the leg," she spoke honestly. His eyes glanced over to her, then looked back at Peter.
"I was going to ask you questions," The male began, narrowing his eyes, "But now I'm not sure I need to." His voice was yet again cold.
Peter looked at him, meeting gazes with the male, but Lucy spoke up before Peter could mutter a word. The small girl looked into Eren's eyes, "You aren't going to let him suffer, are you?" Her eyes held innocence, and the male sighed. If smoke or fire could flow from his nose it would have. He shook his head at the child.
"I don't plan on it, no, listen." He unlocked the door and opened it, peering down at the three, "you'll stay inside the hospital room I put you in, got it?" His voice was threatening, and the soldier guarding the room sweat.