Chapter 6

Eren
Eren's feet echoed in the halls of the training building. He walked to one of the rooms that supports pull-ups. He walked over and placed his hands onto the bar and hauled himself upwards, only to rest the back of his knees on it and go down and position himself like a bat. The poor victim, a.k.a Nathaniel walking in at the wrong moment in time and screaming in a very high pitched tone before realizing that it was just Eren. Since it was in the country, no one would search to see what happened as people could be loud since most zombies couldn't hear them anyhow. Eren smirked at the boy, "Captain!"
"Nathaniel, kiddo, calm down," he spoke softly and began using the bar to strengthen his stomach muscles by sitting up on the bar and going back down repeatedly. Nathaniel walked over to the push-up part of the room and got down on the ground. He began doing push-ups as Eren continued to do whatever he was doing.
(Timeskip!)
Eren and Nathaniel had switched places, only Nathaniel was doing actual pull-ups and not glorified sit-ups. Eren had tossed his jacket onto the floor by the pull-up bar earlier before he climbed up on it. His jacket remained in the same spot as the sky began turning orange as the two worked out together. Eren had done at least a hundred push-ups, and Nathaniel was working on his ninety ninth. Eren stood up as Nathaniel slumped to the ground. "Phew! What's next, boss?"
Eren looked down at the boy, "wanna spot me?" He asked and the boy wiggled his brows. "Not like that," he spoke and the boy shrugged and stood up.
"Why not?" And he followed Eren into another room that held the weights and things. Eren laid on his back after setting the weight to a higher than average but not too high weight and began lifting it as Nathaniel watched. Nathaniel also counted as Eren moved slightly faster. After he made it to ninety, which he didn't feel like doing more, he switched with the boy who changed the weights to be lighter and then started, "don't let me die." He joked and Eren shrugged.
"Whoops." He joked back and the two of them snickered at it. Nathaniel lifted the weights slowly, his muscles wondering why he was trying to do this.
(Timeskip!)
They had missed breakfast and decided to train more. Eren lightly pushed Nathaiel's shoulder as the two made their way out of the compound, using the route he took to bury Lucy's body. They had passed Peter's room and were outside, about to run around the compound at least six times. The two got prepared to dart forward, "Three, two, one!" After Eren finished the two raced forward, not wasting energy by running as fast as possible, more like they simply were conserving their energy by running more slowly.
The two had finished their second lap and were jogging slowly, having a conversation, "So, if you did choose to like someone and be with them, who would it be?" Nathaniel asked.
"You." Eren spoke and the boy blushed.
"Really??"
"No." He spoke and the boy glared at him.
"You're terrible!" Nathaniel yelled back at him. They were both wearing their jackets as they ran, mostly because of the fact that it was getting colder outside. They finished their fourth lap now. Nathaniel turned his head and stopped dead in his tracks, "C-Captain.." he trailed and Eren stopped about a foot away from him.
"What?"
"Look," with that Eren's gaze traveled with Nathaniel's finger and landed on a group of zombies around the back of the compound chewing on something, "ew, what are they eating?"
"Doesn't matter, they're too close to the settlement, we have to kill them." Eren spoke and Nathaniel sighed and pulled out his combat knife.
"Right.. let's get this over with..." And the two slowly inched their way over and behind two of the zombies. Eren's knife gleamed in the sun and quickly pierced the skull of the first zombie and the same was for Nathaniel's only he struggled to remove it and gathered the attention of the remaining two. Eren watched as they moved closer to the struggling boy and launched his dagger into the back of the head of one of the zombies, it fell to the ground and tripped the other, giving Eren time to step on its back as Nathaniel finished it off.
Eren took his knife from the head of the zombie and wiped the blood onto his pant leg, careful not to cut himself, and looked at what the zombies had been feasting on. There wasn't much of it left but Eren could tell it wasn't human. Mostly from the tufts of blood stained fur on the ground. He also noticed a collar lying in a pool of blood and he lifted it up and looked at it, "Zasha, huh? Poor thing.." He spoke and looked down at Nathaniel, "are you alright? You look rather pale." A gunshot was heard and Eren felt himself recoil and duck. It had missed his head by mere inches and flew into the ground behind him, as his back faced the compound.
"Hey!" Nathaniel shouted as the two heard movement and then the sound of more groaning, "and now I've done it..." he whined and he stood up. Eren got back up and looked around, there usually weren't many zombies around. Usually because they were all chasing people and animals that dared to enter the city limits. The groaning drew closer and a zombie face peeked out of the treeline.
"Well hey there beautiful! Nice of you to join us!" Eren joked and kicked the zombie's knee and punctured the skull when it was falling. All sounds stopped and Eren started walking towards the sound that had the gunshot.
"Captain wait up!" Nathaniel shrieked and ran after the brunette. The two cautiously moved through the trees and noticed a man crouched down with a gun. He hadn't noticed the two. His eyes swept over the area and the two remained undetected. Eren stepped out from behind the tree and directly in the line of fire.
"Listen here you ungodly arse biscuit! Who gave you permission to shoot at me?" Eren's voice echoed through the woods and the man sat up.
"Well I wasn't aiming at you!" He shouted, "I was aiming for my dead wife! Thanks for killing her too!" He spoke and stood up. Eren glared at him and before he could curse the man out the man aimed the large rifle at himself and fired it.
"YOU- oh... okay then." He spoke and Nathaniel looked at Eren.
"Well that escalated quickly..." he spoke and Eren nodded to him.
There was yet another sound, "You have got to be kidding me..." the two said in unison as they watched the area behind a chair the man must have been using. A small german shepard leaped out from behind it. The dog from earlier must have been its mother. Eren looked down at the collar he still held in his hand and frowned.
"Captain... the poor thing.." Nathaniel trailed, "we should head back.."
"Terrible, you are mine now and I shall love you eternally and longer," Eren spoke and he picked up the small puppy and hugged him to his chest and looked at Nathaniel, "jealous?"
"A little.." he spoke and the two made their way to sneak back into the compound as it was now almost past lunch time.