Chapter 16

Peter
(Timeskip!)
Peter's eyes slowly opened as he sat up. He stared down at the male below him confused. "What are you doing under me, Eren?" The male looked up at Peter calmly. Peter rubbed his eyes and yawned. "Eren?... I must be dreaming..." He lays head back on Eren's chest. "So comfy..."
"I assure you, I'm not a figment of a dream..." Eren spoke, looking over at the tiny baby.
"Really? So I'm not dreaming this up?" Peter looked up at the male.
"No, Peter... You aren't dreaming..." Eren muttered, checking the baby's breathing and nodding to himself.
"That's nice~ I like that..." Peter hummed as he snuggled into the male's chest.
"Just don't... try anything..." Eren says with a sigh, "I'll break your legs if you do."
"Yes darling~" He hummed into the male's chest as he closed his eyes. "Nothing, but a tired man right here..."
"Hm..." Was the type of sound that vibrated from Eren's throat and sounded in his chest. He looked over at the tiny child, "ah hello, good morning~"
Peter's head turned to face the child as he smiled, "Morning precious..." His voice was soft as he rubbed the baby's back. "Hey Eren? Do you think she'll survive?" Peter's face went sad as he put his face into the crook of the male's neck. "If she does... what would you do?" Peter wrapped his arms around the male's body and breathed in his scent. The male smelled good and it calmed Peter down.
"It all depends on the world around us. If and when she'd cry, then she could lure undead and that would be... very bad." Eren spoke, letting the infant play with his finger. "I would keep her... as long as we never left here..." he shook his head, "but she's not likely to survive..."
"So I shouldn't get my hopes up... got it." Peter sighed heavily.
Eren sighed to himself, shifting uncomfortably. "She's not likely to get through this. It's cold outside and she'd easily get sick..."
"I understand... I just wish we weren't in this apocalypse... life would have been so much easier..." He stared at the child's small form as it moved with the rise and fall of Eren's chest.
"We never would have met, I'd be overseas with Blaze still..." The male spoke, thinking about the alternate.
"True... but you'd be happy..." Peter sat up and looked down at the male. "I know that for sure, I'd probably be happy too... I'm much more at ease on the farm, more myself than this jittery person I am now..." Peter smiled down at the male as he rubbed the child's back.
"We would have finished the mission, I'd have read my journal, and we'd get married..." Eren muttered to himself and frowned, "I'm not so sure I'd like that anymore..."
"Why not? I thought you love him?" Peter stared down at the male confused.
"I do love him, more than anything... It's just...." Eren trailed, "now I've had time to move on from him..." Peter shook his head at the male.
"You wouldn't love him more than anything if you moved on... that's just not how that works, then again, I have no room to talk..." Peter frowned, looking towards the fire.
"Mhm, dear little Conner, right?" Peter turned back and looked down at the male.
"He's more of an appreciation... not love." Peter sighed heavily. "I was actually referring to someone before this all started. I was in high school when this all started... Just a normal teenager, sort of." Peter's gaze traveled back to the fire.
Eren breathed out, but held it. It was a minute or so before he breathed in again, "Sure it was."
"It was... It didn't feel the same way as when I'm around you... I love you, I appreciated Conner." Peter stared down at the male with a soft gaze.
"Tch. And when you move on from me,you'll tell the next one that you 'appreciated' me." Eren's gaze stayed on the ceiling.
"Never, I'd tell them 'He was the one and only'. I'd never move on from you Eren, just not possible."
"That's what people always say, I'd like to move. Get off." Eren's voice was cold, but it held some form of sympathy. Peter sighed and rolled off, flopping onto the floor.
"That was actually kind of fun..." He stared up at the ceiling before Roland crawled on top of him. "Oof... I regret falling down here... Get off..." Roland put his head down on Peter's chest as the male huffed. "Come on, you know I have breathing problems dog..." Peter pushed the dog off and sat up.
Eren sat up as well and looked at the tiny girl, "Hello, love, are you hungry? I'll make you food~ Here Peter." Eren offered the small girl to him. Peter took the child and held her close.
"Hey there Elodie, you're so precious~ Please, whatever you do, don't start crying..." The small child stared up at him, hitting him in the jaw every so often. "I'm fine with getting beat up, just don't start screaming." He smiled softly at the child.