𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄.

fairy tale (n

fairy tale (n.): a children's story about magical and imaginary beings and lands; also defined as a fabricated story, especially one intended to deceive.

In a society where being elegant and refined is so paramount, Asteria Grey constantly finds herself an outsider. She is anything but, and her parents despise her for it. Growing up the youngest and most spirited of four children, Asteria finds herself working twice as hard as anyone else. But it was never enough - nothing was. 

𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆.

When she arrived at Hogwarts, her spirit was finally able to shine through. When once she let her parents dictate every thought, the school allowed her to blossom into a fiery being. Having spent so long trying to contain every thought and feeling for her parents' sake, everything was able to burst out. Anger, happiness, sorrow, jealous - pure, unadulterated feeling. She was finally able to break free from the chains that had kept her prisoner for so long. 

𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒐𝒖𝒕? 

Discovering herself would be an incredibly difficult path. And though Asteria had spent much of her life in solitude, she found friends in the most unlikely of places. There was Lily, who felt like pure sunshine after a life filled with thunderstorms. Mary, an alchemist of hearts, turning her soul to gold. Dorcas, who was a hot cup of tea comforting you on a rainy day. And Marlene, their local drama queen, who would lay her life down for anyone after deeming them a friend. 

And she had the Marauders. Despite getting off on the wrong foot, her friendship with them was unlike anything she had with anyone else. They would grow to be each other's family, one held by a bond, not blood. 

𝒂𝒉, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔?

Perhaps she had a more special bond with one of them, sure. But there was only way to find out if the boy with the grey eyes was meant for her, and that would be a very long, exhausting, and perplexing path. 

This is the story of Asteria Grey, the honorary Marauder.

every day, we started fightingevery night, we fell in love

every night, we fell in love

✧・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

best viewed not on laptop & in smallest font.

[previously titled black swan.]