^suck it up, dipshit.^

house of memories: panic! at the disco

baby, we built this house on memories
take my picture now, shake it till you see it
———
2 years later
1983

That was 2 years ago. Now Maxine, who preferred to be called Max, was getting more comfortable since saving Jubilee. Kids still feared her but she didn't care. She never had before so why start now.

When Jubilee came to the school with Max, she made friends quick and easily, which meant she would encourage her almost sister to do the same. But seeing as that wasn't going to happen with Maxines reputation, Jubilee took it upon herself to introduce her to Jean. Which was actually a pretty good idea on her part.

Jean and Max happened to have a lot in common, both got their mutations as children, kids fear them, they both like to read, so it worked out for the better. And since they were a little closer in age then Max and Jubilee, they had a lot in common and hung out, talking about stuff that they couldn't with their friend.

Despite her stand-off behavior and harsh words, Max cared for the two younger girls like sisters. She protected them from bullies and the horrible world outside the walls of the school. More than she would like to admit, she cared about her friends more than she had since she was a child. Even before getting her mutation, Max was always...different from her family and the kids at school so having to friends like her was something she didn't want to lose.

"What's a six letter word for something small and vicious?" The voice of Tyler, some kid sitting a few tables across from Max's snapped her out of her thoughts. Sitting in her usual chair in the corner of the library, Max could hear the conversation of four of her classmates, no she didn't know their names except for Tyler (he thought they were friends) and she didn't care.

"Hornet." One of the girls said.

"Weasel" The other boy asked.

"Maxine." The last girl said, her bright blue eyes glaring daggers at Max when she lifted her head at her name, with a malicious smirk on her face. The group laughed as Tyler said that it fit. Max's eyes started to turn red while crimson dust whirled larynx her fingers, her hair starting to turn white at the roots.

"Max."

Her hair, eyes and the energy stopped and turned back to normal as she turned her head to the right to see Jean, her books held to her chest and red hair over her shoulders as she looked at Max. "Let's go."

Max gave the group of four one last look, seeing the fear in their eyes before smirking and getting up to follow Jean out of the library. The red head gave her 'the look' which Max only smiled at her and said, "Gotta give them something."

Jean chuckles and shakes her head. She could never understand how Max didn't care what other people thought. She didn't care that kids thought that she was evil or mean. In fact, she fed those fears. They were same yet so different. People feared them, but Max had never cared what they thought.

As the two girls walked down the hall, Jean bumped into someone, sending her books flying. She quickly used her telekinetic powers to bring her books and paper back to her while Max used hers to stabilize the guy her friend had knocked into. Her red eyes trained on his blindfold, running all the possibilities for needing it in her head as she normally did with new people. Study them.

She watched Jeans eyes look at the blindfolded boy and narrowed her eyes at him, which Max assumed that she was having a telepathic conversation with him.

The boy pointed to his blindfold and said, "I can't."

The man next to him, which could only be assumed to be his brother, looked at him confused and asked, "Wha..Who are you talking to?"

"Me." Jean said, holding her books closer to her chest protectively.

"I just heard you in my head."

Jean smiled a little and said with some pride, "I'm telepathic. I read minds."

"Well, stay out of mine. I don't need some weird creeping around in there." The boy said rudely. Jeans smile fell and Max growled under her breath at the sight. 'Regret helping him now.' She thought to herself.

"Don't worry, Scott. There's not much to see." Jean said annoyed as she turned around and walked away.

"Wait, I didn't tell you my name!"

"No, you didn't."

Max knocked his shoulder with hers as she projected her own thoughts to him. 'I don't know if you've noticed this but you are surrounded by kids that have gone through stuff, even worst than you. Some have hurt, destroyed, some even killed. You are not the only one here with problems. Pull your head out of your ass and suck it up, dipshit.'

She followed Jean out, smirking as she watched the shock as he tried to figure out who that voice was in his head. Max's voice was much harsher than Jeans and she was sure he could tell.

Sure, she didn't have as powerful telepathy that Jean or the Professor had but, she could sure scare the shit out of some people.

Vote and comment!❣️