^everything will be fine. i promise^

into your arms: witty lowry

feels like i'm always waitin',
i need you to come get me
out of my head and into your arms tonight
———

Max had waken up much sooner then Jean, having panicked over her when she woke up that Hank allowed her to sit by Jeans bedside until she woke up. Charles had come in earlier to try and see what was going on the in redhead  mind but nothing. While Max's head was racing with thoughts.

What had happened? Why wasn't she affected by Jeans power blast? Why were their eyes the same? Why was the voice back? Why couldn't she get rid of this energy pent up inside her? What actually happened on that spaceship? What was wrong with Jean? What was wrong with her?

Max hadn't changed out of her clothes yet and it's had been hours since the party ended. She had one leg crossed over the other, her elbow against the armrests of her chair as her hands held her up. Her black hair fell over her shoulders and her bangs hung slightly over her eyebrows. Dark eyes trained on her friends sleeping face, worried about the both of them.

***

"Is it supposed to look like this?" Raven asked as they looked around Jeans mind. Pictures of her childhood, flashes of young Jean while grey and red clouds floated around them.

"The mind of a psychic is a fragile thing. It takes only the slightest tap to tip it in the wrong direction." Charles answered solemnly, looking around with the helmet sat on his head, "I had to make adjustments to her mind when she was young."

"What kind of adjustments?" Raven asked softly, feeling like she already knew the answer already.

"Scaffolding. Walls, rather, to keep out all the trauma."

"What did you do to her, Charles?"

"I saved her." He answered, turning his head but not looking at her, "I think whatever happened in space did something to her. In the process, those walls that I erected are being torn down. " The memory of space floated right in front of them, right when the solar flare hit.

"What about Max? Why wasn't she affected by Jeans blast?" Hank asked this time, remembering that she didn't come in for a check up after the space mission.

"There's no telling. It could be due to the fact that her body is able to retain massive amounts of energy or that they were both there when the solar flare hit." Charles explained, going silent for a second as he took a deep breath before explaining, "Max's mind is a...scary thing. The depths of her mind are unknown by me or anyone. She used to have this...voice in her head, unable to control it and making her powers go haywire. Her being can story so much energy that there is no telling what the energy of a solar flare could do to her, them."

"Charles, did you build walls in her mind too?" Raven asked, afraid of the answer.

His silence spoke a thousand words.

***

Max jumped at Jean's sudden movement, the redheads hand going up to her head. Her breathing started to become heavy, like she was having an anxiety attack. The black haired woman stood up from her chair and placed a hand on her raised arm.

Without even having to go into her mind, she could feel the Professor's presence. Jean's heavy breathing didn't stop. She thrusted a little in her laying position and whispered to no one in the room, "Get out of my head."