^i can't read minds, i'm just better!^

kids: mgmt

like looking through a fog mirror
decision to decisions are made and not bought
———

The five of them stepped off the escalator as Kurt looked around in wonder. The mall wasn't totally packed with people but they were definitely some that made them more noticeable. Since Max had never been inside of a mall, only seeing it from afar, she was just as excited as Kurt but she hid it well with her resting bitch face.

She had never had this growing up. Going somewhere with friends. For one, she didn't have friends, and two, her parents, at least her mom, were trying to make her into the perfect bride so they could marry her off to some rich dick. But this was...nice. Different but nice.

Max watched from the corner of her eye as the blue mutant got distracted by some dancing ladies on a TV. Jubilee pulled his tail and made sure he stuck with the group and didn't get lost.  While her head was turned, she noticed Scott looking at her, or at least in her direction as she couldn't quite tell with his glasses. She gave him a small smile, which he returned, happy that he got a positive response out of her.

"Zis blace is like ein temple." Kurt said in child-like wonder as he looked at the white walls and ceiling. "I've neffer zeen hanyzing more beaudiful." He made eye contact with some human boy off to the side and when he got a smile back, Kurt was shocked to say the least.

"Zey don't fear us." He said, his tone making it sound more like a question. Max chuckled a little at his disbelief before Scott said, "Hey come on, let's go have a little fun." He lend them over to over to a place called 'Space Port.' Apparently it was an arcade with games and prizes so it couldn't be too bad.

Max and Scott had been playing a two player game called 'Joust' with flying birds. Despite the fact that she had never playing this or any game, she had absolutely crushed Scott the last two rounds, them now playing their third.

"You must be cheating." Scott said as turned the joystick and pressed the buttons to make his bird go up.

"No I'm not." Max said was a slight chuckle, following the boys movements.

"You're reading my mind."

"I can't read minds, I'm just better! Besides you keep flapping to the top, you do it every time."  With one more movement, Max ran into Scott's bird with her own and won, once again.

"Ooh, give you a rematch?" She said as she turned to Scott with a smirk.

"I don't have any more quarters." He said, not looking up at her.

"I got it." Jubilee leaned over from her own game and made small sparks with her hand, booting the game up again without needed any quarters. "Thanks." Before they continued playing.

Max-4
Scott-1

***

The five mutants sat in the food court at a round table, Jean and Jubilee talking about movie times, Scott trying to steal Max's fries but she kept slapping his hand away. Kurt had gotten a orange slushie and was drinking it way too fast.

"Hey, there's one at 1:00, 4:00, and 7:00, but that ones too late." Jubilee said as she looked at the pamphlet.

"Stop it, Summers!" Max said chuckling as she slapped his hand away once more when he tried to grab more fries.