^oh honey, where do you think i came from?^

mothers daughter: miley cyrus

oh look at her, she got the power
don't fuck with my freedom
———

The plane landed on the ground and the back of it opened up. The older mutants walking out first. The dust covering the ground blew under them as Raven started giving them directions.

"Hank, you go with the kids. Max cover them. Moria will be waiting in the plane." The blonde said as they started walking in the crumbling town.

"Wait." They all turned to Scott, who had stopped a few steps back with Kurt and Jean.

"What?"

"Not all us can fully control our powers." He said worriedly.

"Then don't." Raven said simply, "You need to embrace them. We all do." A wave of blue scales washed over her, her skin turning dark blue, yellow eyes and slick back red hair.

Max smiled to herself, taking off her gloves and threw them on the ground. She ran a hand through her hair, starting at her hairline. As she dragged her fingers to the ends of her black hair, red horns grew from her skull and a spilt, black tail waved behind her happily, curling as it pleased.

She winked at the shocked teens, those who didn't know she had them, while the others just smirked. Her hair turned white and her eyes glowing red as balls of light formed in her hands, using them to push her body into the air and land on top of one of the roofs as she made her way to the pyramid.

 Her hair turned white and her eyes glowing red as balls of light formed in her hands, using them to push her body into the air and land on top of one of the roofs as she made her way to the pyramid

Scott gapped at where Max once stood before pointing at it and asked, "How long has she been able to do that?"

***

Max ran along the roof tops of buildings those who still had them, watching Hank, Kurt, Scott and Jean run around debris to get to the large pyramid. They all hid behind a broken wall as the white haired girl scouted.

'You have a short time window to get in there. It's clear.' She said into their minds as to not draw more attention her herself. It was quiet. Almost too quiet.

Just as Max thought that she caught a glimmer of sliver out of the corner of her eye. It was a man with curly blonde hair, pale skin and a pair of large metal wings, flying towards the others. She watched as he pulled down suddenly, letting six sharp metal feathers shoot at them.

"Duck!" Max shouted as she jumped up and stopped the feathers midair, Jean levitating pieces of broken wood to block any strays. "Kurt, go!" She heard Hank yell to the blue boy, who quickly teleported into the pyramid. The winged man quickly turned back, avoiding the feathers Max had thrown back at him and followed Kurt.