^wow, that felt good.^

looking at me: sabrina carpenter

if i leave you behind,
you can look for the broken necks
———

"What's taking so long?"

Max was keeping looked out with Jean, the redhead making sure no one would be able to see them, as Kurt tried to find to way out of here with Scott.

"I can't get iv. Zhey have a field avround it, like vhe helicopter." Kurt said as he answered Scott's question.

"There's gotta be a way to cut the power." Scott said. Max walked forward and pressed her hand against the wall. She closed her eyes and concentrated, trying to feel the energy source in the building. Red pulsed under her fingers as she felt it, almost like the beating of a heart.

"Three halls, two rights, one left, open the door and its straight in front of you." She said suddenly, making the other three look at her. She turned to them and continued, "That's where the power grid is."

Scott looked at her for a moment before saying, "Let's go then."

"Freeze!" They all turned their heads to the hallway and saw two soldiers with their guns pointed to them. None of them moved. "Put your hands up and surrender!"

Max looked at them for a second more before turned her head to Jean and giving her an innocent pleading look that asked 'Please?' The redhead sighed and said quietly, "Yeah, go ahead."

Max's face broke out into a wide smile as her finger tips swirled in crimson energy. Her black hair turned white from the roots to her ends and her eyes glowing red. The guards shot at them making the boys jump, but the bullets were stopped in midair by her as she slowly walked towards the gunsmen. Metal incased in red peeled off the walls and wrapped around them, squeezing the air out of them until they were passed out. She didn't want to kill them though, not in front of Kurt or Scott.

The sheets of metal unwrapped around them and dropped the unconscious soldiers on the ground before sealing itself back to the wall, like nothing had happened at all.

She turned back around, her hair and eyes going back to normal. "Wow, that felt good." She breathed out with a small chuckle.

Kurt and Scott, the latter especially, looked at her with wide, surprised eyes, never seeing her so that. Jean only stood next to them with a smirk, having seen this multiple times and loving it every time. She had always been fascinated with her powers.

The redhead turned to the boys and saw their expressions. "Oh right, you two have never seen Max's mutation, have you?"

"What was that? How long has she been able to do that?" Scott asked, not taking his eyes off of Max.

"Energy manipulation, along with a few others." Max said walking back over with small smirk. "Come on, let's go."

***

The four of them walked down one of the halls cautiously as they followed Max's directions. The dim yellow lights lit the sides of the walls as they made there way down. They all backed up to the wall when they heard indistinct radio chatter coming towards them.

Scott had an arm over Max, as if protecting her, even though he knew full well that he didn't need to, as the pressed them themselves to the wall to not be seen. Once the footsteps were gone, Scott pulled his arm back and muttered a small sorry, that she quickly shrugged off, ignoring the teasing look from Jean.