^you took...everything from me^

you can't stop the girl: bebe rexa

you can't stop the girl from going
you can't stop the world from
———

Animals. Chained up like animals. Freaks really. Along the two walls of the prison train were all the mutants, both sides of the fight. Max had been chained up with Erik and Hank on either side of her, across from her was Scott.

Her horns and tail hadn't gone away at all, no matter how hard she tried so they ended up cuffing both tips of the spilt tail to the wall behind her. Like Kurts own tail. Her hands were wrapped in thick metal cuffs, incasing her hands completely up to her wrists, that were chained and bolted to the ground.

An electric shock collar had been placed around all of their necks, stopping the from using their mutations. They had their ankles cuffed to their seats so they couldn't go anywhere. Not like they could. They were on a train moving seventy miles an hour to a Mutant Containment Center.

"My kid used to be a fan." One of the guards said to Kurt said he walked by, making the blue boy like down sadly.

There were at least seven guards just in the car of the train, more in the rest of them. Jean had been separated from them, two cars away from where they were now. Max's red eyes trained on nothing as she looked in front of her, feeling nothing yet everything at the same time. Anger, pain, panic, remorse and death.

She had never been like this before yet one thing was for sure. If she didn't have this thing around her neck, her mutation would have gone haywire by now.

"Raven had the right of it." The Professor said, breaking the deafening silence that loomed over them, "Jean was never the villain. I was. I should never have lied to her. I was wrong. But this power...inside of her, inside of Maxine, I never put it there. I would never do anything intentionally to hurt them. That isn't me and this is not Jean. We can still safe her. She's still Jean inside."

Despite the collar around her neck, Max could still feel her body buzzy with energy. Whether it was from the solar flare or a hidden power she hadn't unlocked yet, it was affecting her greatly. Her senses were heightened tremendously and she could...feel people. Like feel when something or someone was coming, where they were. She could feel something boiling up inside her, something all too familiar that she has pushed down all the way to her toes years ago.

"What exactly is controlling her?" Erik said with slight annoyance in his tone.

"I don't know. But this woman, this...thing...has had a taste of that power, and she'll be coming back for more. She'll be coming back for Jean." Charles said as he tried to explain.

"Good. Let her."

"She'll kill her to get it. But I promise you, the killing will not end there." Erik simply looked at his old friend with a expression that no one understood.

"That's not what Raven would have wanted. You know that. You both do." Scott said in front of Max, her gaze now on the ceiling as she wasn't really paying attention, trying to get rid of the voice that had hunted her childhood before she felt something. Someone was coming.

"Someone is here." The uncharacteristically quiet voice of Max made them look over to her, "I can feel it."

"What?" Charles asked her in confusion.