through the flower field

~Vincent's POV~

Dear Diary,

I feel replaced. Every since Darryl met the prince, they started to hang out more. We feel more distant. He barely talks to me at school. It hurts.

Zak knows things about Darryl that I didn't even know about. He felt like a stranger to me. I decided to spend more time with him, make him my top priority.

I sound really clingy, but he's my only friend and I cannot afford to lose him.

I close my note book and hide it in my drawer. I check the time. It was 4 in the afternoon. I sigh and throw on a grey hoodie and put on black jeans. I exit my house to visit Darryl. This was day one in repairing our friendship. I walk over to his house and knock.

His parents answer the door, surprised to see me. "Oh, Vincent! What a pleasant surprise. Darryl's in his room sleeping right now, do you want me to wake him up?" Darryl's mom asked. I nodded. She went into Darryl's room and woke him up.

I thought back to myself everything I needed to do.

1. Have an official hangout spot
2. Talk to him everyday for a week
3. Have a sleepover

That was all I had so far. I heard Darryl groan from his room and start walking towards me. He stood in front of me and rubbed his eyes. I waved timidly. He looked tired and was still pajamas. He had on a plain white tee and red and black plaid pajama pants.

"Vincent? What are doing here? You woke me up from my nap," he whined.

I laughed a little. "Come on, I found this really cool place that I wanted to show you,"

He frowned. "I have to meet with Zak later today,"

I frowned too, crossing my arms. "You can't miss one day? I just want to spend one day with my best friend,"

"Fine. Let me get changed,"

I squealed and clapped my hands a little. I entered his house and sat on his bed as he dug in his closet for some clothes. He picked out a deep red sweater along with black sweatpants. He left to change in his bathroom and changed.

Once he was done changing, we left the house. The place was quite a long walk. Eventually we got there. It was on high terrain, far from the village. It was a flower field.

"Woah," Darryl said in awe, looking around at the flowers. "It's so beautiful."

I giggled. We ran through the field of flowers until we settled on sitting down surrounded by the rows of flowers. "How did you find this place?" He asked.

"I got bored of the village," I answered. We sat back to back surrounded by a row of flowers.

Darryl started to pick some flowers. "Here, I'll make you something," he says. I nod. I plan on making something for him, too.

I take flowers around me and start to use them to form a bouquet. We work in silence. The wind rustled through the flowers, the only noise around us was the blow of the air and the snap you here when you pick a flower.

"Hey, Darryl," I break the silence.

"Hm?"

"Tu as de beaux yeux," I say, knowing he doesn't know what that means.