the trio

~Vincent's POV~

Loving him only hurt me.

I knew I shouldn't have checked the graveyard. I knew I was only going to get hurt.

Darryl lied to me. He replaced with Zak. He told me he was going to help his parents, but he chose to hung out with Zak instead.

I'm trying so hard to rebuild our friendship, but maybe I should just stop trying.

The second he told me he was going to help his parents, I knew I had to check the graveyard. So I did. I only got hurt with the sight of him with Zak. Does he love Zak? Why do I keep loving him?

And now we're here, me sitting next to him in class. Me tapping my pencil to my desk at the rhythm of my heart beating. As the bell rang and the students ran to the door, I stayed seated. The class was almost empty. Darryl stood in front of my desk to get my attention.

"We should go now,"  he tells me, yawning while fixing up his hair.

I nod silently and get up from my seat. We walk side by side in the hall, out arms touch barely, making my heart zap. I knew I should just stop loving him it was harder that it needed to be. We walked in silence, loud chatter throughout the halls filled out ears.

"So, I was thinking," Darryl started to talk, his voice silky making my mind ease up, "Since yesterday I was busy, maybe me, you and Zak would want to hangout together,"

I gritted my teeth as he talked about yesterday and Zak. "Sure," I say, forcing my voice to sound excited.

He let out a short squeal and clapped his hands. I smile at the sight of seeing him happy. "Where are we going to hangout?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. We can figure it out with Zak. We can meet up with him later today at the graveyard and plan from there,"

I nod, "We can take Zak to the flower field if you wanted," my mind starts to stress out, regretting what I had just said. The flower field was our  hangout spot, and I didn't want Zak taking that from us too.

Darryl gasped.  "Yes! He'll love it, it's so pretty there!" he beamed. I sighed under my breathe.

"So, are you free later today?"

"Yup,"

———

Later that day, after school at the start of sunset, I was working at the restaurant and my shift was up in a few minutes. I heard the front door open followed by the sound of bell chimes. I turned my head and saw Darryl, entering the restaurant.

He was dressed in warm clothes seeing as it was Winter. He had a beige rain coat that was buttoned paired with dark blue pants and a bright red beanie. He had a deep red scarf wrapped around his neck.

"Hello, Vincent!" He cheers. He runs his hands together and blows into them, trying to warm them up.

"Why are you dressed like it's snowing?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "My parents told me that it's going to snow tonight, they don't want me to get sick,"

I nod and take a look at my outfit, a collared shirt layered by a thin gray sweatshirt. I had on baggy black jeans. I wore a beige apron on top of everything, just in case anything dropped. If it was going to snow, I was definitely going to get sick.

"Let's go now?" He asks, looking up at the clock.

I sigh while wiping down a wash cloth on the surface of an empty table. "Let me just finish up my shift,"