2

For the next couple days, May had continued with her life. She would wake early in the morning, make her daily appearance at the pub, then spend her day either exploring the city or going through her notes about Fred Weasley.

Completely unaware that every morning a familiar red head would be waiting for her at the pub just to watch from afar. Her smile and her laugh was slowly but surely healing his heart in a way he didn't know was possible.

This morning, however, she had a meeting with the professors of Hogwarts. Headmaster Mcgonagall had told her that they would meet with her to talk about the victims of the battle if they had things to add to their chapter. Apparently, they all knew Fred Weasley well.

"Good morning, Sammy." She said while walking into the pub.

"Morning, May. Eating in today?" He asked while preparing her usual.

"Nope. I'm actually heading up to the school this morning." She smiled at him while taking her food in a bag.

"Have fun little one." He teased while ruffling her hair. She rolled her eyes playfully and smiled widely. She turned on her heel to leave before catching the eyes of George, who sat at his usual table in the corner.

He looked away quickly, embarrassed that he had been caught, but she didn't relent. She approached him with a skip in her step and a bright smile.

"George." She greeted while standing before him. "How have you been?"

He shrugged and smirked. "Well, I'm still living so I suppose that counts for something."

She frowned slightly, but her smile was quick to reappear. "I would stay and chat but I've got to bust my butt to get up to the school." He snorted at her American phrases.

"What are you doing at Hogwarts?" He asked, desperate to keep her voice in his ears.

"Meeting with the professors. Apparently they knew your brother well." Her smile was blinding, but contagious, and he had to work harder not to let his lips curl into one as well.

He snorted at her answer. "Yes I suppose they would. We were kind of legends in our school years."

She giggled. "Well I do hope you tell me about it tomorrow at the Burrow. I would love to hear it." She smiled once more and turned away to leave only to look back over her shoulder and wink. "See you tomorrow, George."

He waved, and as soon as she was out the door he let a genuine smile rest on his face, the familiar feeling a welcome one. This girl was so innocent, so full of life, and she made him giddy. She was like a drug, addicting, and he couldn't help himself from craving more.

"She's something else, isn't she?" George heard a voice say beside him. He dropped his smile and took his eyes off the door from where May disappeared to see the barkeep sweeping under the table beside him.

George nodded and looked away. "Never met anyone like her."

Sam laughed and shook his head. "You could use some of her happiness in your life, George." George looked at him with furrowed brows and Sam just rolled his eyes. "That's me encouraging you to go for it." He started to walk away, but George called out for him.

"You were a couple years before us in school weren't you?"

Sam turned back around and nodded. "Sam Collins. Ravenclaw. I was in Percy's year."

George jerked his head to the door. "How do you know her then? Did you lose someone in the battle?"

Sam shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "No. My family are muggles and I didn't fight. I met May when she moved here, she's like my best friend."