4

May had spent all day organizing her notes about Fred Weasley and shuffling through the pictures she had borrowed from the family.

She almost had enough to start writing her chapter, it was just missing that extra push, that thing that sticks out.

The day was ending when she finally finished compiling what she had learned and her heart started fluttering. She would be lying if she said working all day wasn't meant to distract her from her lingering thoughts of George.

She was nervous for some reason to go to his flat. She kept reminding herself that it was strictly business and they were going to talk about Fred. She had no reason to get all giddy.

She decided not to take her bag or notebook, feeling as though it would be too overwhelming for George if she was writing down every word he said. She wanted it to be real, something she had longed for all those years ago, just someone to talk to that understood.

Her breathing was shaky and her nerves were damning as she grabbed her wand and apparated inside the shop and outside the door of his flat. She knocked and her lips curved into her signature smile.

He opened the door swiftly and he melted at the sight of her. Her usual baggy clothes and her hair in a messy bun, just the way he adored seeing her.

"May. I was starting to think you forgot about me." He said with a smirk as he stepped aside and gestured for her to enter.

She laughed and rolled her eyes playfully. "I had work to do. I would never forget about you, George." She smiled at him as she walked in and studied the flat. It wasn't small, it was larger than hers, and the door opened up into a large kitchenette and living room.

She didn't notice his cheeks turn crimson red when she let her comment slip. He shook it off and led her to the living room where two cups of tea sat.

She sat on the couch and he sat beside her. She took off her shoes and crisscrossed her legs underneath her while facing George on the couch.

He smiled at how she had immediately gotten comfortable in his living space. His heart warmed at the fact that she felt like she could do it.

"How was your day?" She queried while sipping on her tea.

He shrugged. "Long. Lots of paperwork and ordering for the shop."

"Is it harder running the shop on your own?" She asked, careful not to mention Fred's name in case it was too soon to start.

To her surprise, he didn't hesitate. "You wouldn't believe. We opened this shop to run it together so it's been hard adjusting."

May smiled and nodded. "I suppose it would be."

He turned to her and sighed. "Look May, I just want you to know that it's not going to be easy to talk about him. I hate doing it." His eyes were full of apologies and regrets. "I know it's been a year but-"

May grabbed his hands, which sent goosebumps all throughout his body. "I'm going to stop you there. Who cares if it's been a year? These kinds of things don't have time limits."

He furrowed his brow. "It just seems like everyone else has moved on and I'm just...stuck."

May smiled sadly at him and nodded. "I understand what you mean. I've felt like that before, but I promise you everyone feels it differently. No one blames you for being how you are."

Her voice and her words were so comforting that his heart warmed and his fondness towards her grew immensely.

"How is it that you understand so well? It's like- well like you've gone through it." He queried hesitantly.