13

2 years later

May sat down on the couch in George's flat and with shaky hands as she held the test between her fingers. She couldn't possibly believe what she was reading.

Millions of thoughts were running through her head.

Were they moving too fast? What would George say? Would he be mad or happy? Were they in a good enough place to deal with this?

She sighed and sat down the test. George was closing up the shop and would be upstairs any minute now. She didn't even know how to tell him.

Today had been such a big day. Her book was finally printed and copied. Hogwarts bought many, many copies to keep in their classrooms and the library. Bookstores across the wizarding world, especially in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, bought multiple copies. Soon they would be on the shelves and available for everyone.

She had seven copies sitting on the table in front of her. One for her and George. One for Harry and Ginny. One for Ron and Hermione. One for Bill and Fleur. One for Percy. One for Charlie. And one for Molly and Arthur.

She wouldn't dare make them pay for their copies. The other families were given one copy to share between them but this family was now hers so of course she gave them special treatment.

George hadn't seen it yet. None of them had. That only made her nerves more rattled.

Suddenly the door opened, and her tear pricked eyes roved over George's exhausted body. He was simply gorgeous. His brown hair had stayed and his freckles were as prominent as ever. His brown eyes caught hers and he furrowed his brow. Then his eyes found the books sitting on the table.

"Is that...?" His eyes widened and he stepped closer.

May smiled. "It's done."

His mouth was agape and he sat down next to her. He went to reach for a book but she stopped him.

"I- um- thought we could look at them with your family. These are their copies." She said nervously.

He finally looked at her up close and saw the tears in her eyes. He cupped her face and examined her. "That's fine, love. What's wrong?"

She wiped her eyes and laughed nervously. Without another word she pulled test out and placed it in his hands. He furrowed his brow for a moment before his eyes widened and quickly looked back up at May.

"I'm pregnant, Georgie." She said quietly, afraid of his reaction.

He jumped to his feet with the test still in his hands and a wide smile formed on his face. Tears pricked his own eyes while they danced between the test and May.

"Don't play with me, May." He warned quietly.

She laughed and shook her head. "I'm not. I took the test three times today."

He jumped up and down excitedly. "YES! I'm going to be a dad!" He ran towards May and picked her up, spinning her in circles. She was laughing hysterically while he celebrated. This reaction was perfect and relief washed over her.

He sat her down and plummeted his lips into hers passionately. He pulled back and rested his forehead on hers while he caught his breath. "I love you so much, May Littlestar." And then he bent down to her stomach and kissed it. "You too."