5

May woke up in a warm embrace. George's arm was slung lazily around her waist and his deep breaths were tickling her neck.

She realized that it was the best nights sleep she had had in years.

She was reluctant to leave his bed, already feeling the loss when she shimmied out of his arms. He woke to the sudden movement and groaned while rubbing his eyes.

"Morning." He sang with a smile on his face. May's breathing hitched at the beautiful sight.

She smiled widely. "Good morning."

He sat up on his elbows and furrowed his brow. "Leaving so soon?"

She sighed and tied her hair up into a messy bun. "I'm meeting Sammy at the pub. He wants quality time." She snorted and rolled her eyes at her own comment.

He whined and fell back on his back dramatically. "Here I am being left alone after spending all night together. It's like she doesn't even care about me at all."

May giggled and hit him with a pillow. He shot up and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her back onto the bed. He tickled her relentlessly, eliciting hysterical laughs as he kept her pinned to the bed.

He eventually stopped and they were left laughing softly and catching their breaths. It was a sweet moment as May studied his face and the way he laughed. She loved the sound of it and wished he would laugh more. He brought her hand to his face as she outlined his age lines and lips and eyes.

He wrapped his own hand around hers and pulled it away. He locked eyes with her and smiled widely. A genuine, happy smile.

He looked to her lips and then back to her eyes and pressed his lips into hers softly. His hand cupped her face and his other one was still wrapped around hers.

He pulled away breathless. "I really like you, May." He said before he could stop himself. His cheeks immediately flushed red and she giggled.

She got out from under him and stood in front of the bed before she leaned down to whisper in his ear. "I really like you too."

With that, she left the room with a wink and a smile to get dressed and head to the pub. He fell back onto the bed with his heart fluttering and a smile on his lips.

He couldn't explain the way she made him feel. He was giddy and...happy. He was happy. It had been so long, but she made everything right.

He didn't get up until he heard her leave the flat, too shy to face her after his confession. Then again, she had confessed the same thing.

His lips still tingled from being locked with hers and he wished the sensation would never end.

~

May was more giddy than usual as she entered the pub and spotted Sam. His smile widened at the sight of her and she practically skipped towards him.

"Morning, Sammy." She said as she took a seat at the bar.

"And a good morning to you too, May." He said with a smirk, sliding her usual breakfast in front of her.

She accepted it graciously and smiled up at him.

"Where were you for the past two days? You never miss a morning." He queried with a sort of frown as he watched May eat.

She sent him an apologetic look. "Sorry. The day before yesterday was- well it wasn't my best. And yesterday I was just so busy I didn't have time. I'm here now though." She said cheekily with a mouth full of pancakes.

He laughed at her foolishness and ruffled her hair. "And last night?" He quirked an eyebrow at her.

Her eyes widened and she swallowed loudly. "What?"