12

"Well I guess this is it then." May smiled at the group of Slytherins she had befriended.

Pansy frowned. "We'll still see you around won't we?"

May looked at the three sat around her and realized they all had the same expression as Pansy. She smiled warmly at them and nodded.

"Of course you will! I'm only an owl away." She winked at them as she got to her feet to leave.

The three of them followed her lead and walked her to the door. Draco grabbed her wrist before she could leave.

"Is his chapter- I mean- will it be nice?" He asked nervously and May furrowed her brow.

"Of course it will. All of them will be."

Blaise scratched the back of his head nervously. "I think he means will it portray what everyone else thinks of Theo?"

May understood then. They wanted it to be just about who he was as a person, not his flaws or his family legacy. May smiled at them all reassuringly.

"There's a reason McGonagall commissioned me to do this project. I have no prejudice against houses and I didn't know these people before, therefore I look at them objectively and portray what I'm told about them." She reached out and squeezed Draco's hand. "His chapter will be lovely. I promise."

Draco beamed at her, as did the other two. Pansy leapt forward and engulfed May into a bone crushing hug. "Thank you." She whispered into her ear.

May nodded and opened the door to leave. "Seriously though. I'm only an owl away if you need to talk or if you just want to hang." She winked at them and closed the door behind her.

She didn't understand why George and his family hated Slytherins so much. The three she had met, apparently the worst of the bunch according to George, were actually quite lovely and she enjoyed their company. Maybe it had to do with house loyalty, but she highly doubted it.

Before she could apparate she heard footsteps approaching her quickly from behind.

"May, wait!" Draco called out and she turned to face him. He panted as he reached her just outside the wards of the Manor and smiled. "Can we have tea sometime? I actually do like talking to you." He admitted sheepishly and she nodded.

"How's my place tomorrow morning? I don't have anything lined up then."

He smiled down at her and nodded happily. "I'll be there."

"Great! Oh um I don't really know how to make tea so-"

He laughed and shook his head. "I've got it don't worry. Bloody Americans."

She rolled her eyes playfully and apparated back to her flat. He was left standing in his drive smiling at the place she disappeared from like an idiot.

"She has a boyfriend, Draco." Blaise said while leaning on the gate with raised eyebrows.

He scoffed. "Did I ask her on a date? No."

Blaise shrugged. "Might as well have. She's nice and I like her. Don't ruin anything." He warned and Draco rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry your thick little head about it. I don't like her like that and you know it."

"I know that. But your way of making friends and keeping them can be taken in many different ways." Blaise quirked an eyebrow and smirked.

"Sod off, Zabini. I'm just being nice."

Blaise snorted and shook his head. "Nice? Draco Lucius Malfoy nice? Right."

Draco shoved past him and started walking back towards the Manor. He groaned and turned back around to Blaise. "Are you coming or what? Parkinson's going to drink through my cellar before we get back."