Chapter Twenty-Five

What's nice is the first thing the guys did was install the new generator. I finally have power to the cabin. Come to find out the one I ordered, Steve changed and paid for was he got a full house one that I didn't have to worry about only using for a few things.

With the road and my driveway now open, Mabel knocked on my door. "doors open, come on in" I Hollard out since I was in the kitchen getting stuff organized back into my fridge.

"Hi dear, I just wanted to stop by and make sure you were all okay and that my Steve was treating you right?" she said as she walked in and put her stuff down and walked into the kitchen.

"Hi aunt Mable, and yes Steve has been a perfect gentleman, even after all these years that hasn't changed about him" I said walking up to her to give her a hug.

She patted my back, "that's good dear, I told him he was to take care of you and make sure you stayed safe since it's been a long time since you were out here and you know dear, he has always had a thing for you. That is why he kept this cabin up hoping one day you would return to it and to him" she said matter of fact.

Like it was a well-known fact and I should know this also. I smiled, "well aunt Mable the affection goes both ways between us" I said to her.

"Oh, I almost forgot, since Steve has the generator going now, I brought you some things for your dinner to help out" she said. "Can you be a dear and go to my car and in the trunk is all the stuff for you" she said as she sat there looking at me.

"Sure, thing aunt Mable" I said and went to get my stuff on, once outside I went to her car and opened the trunk. "What's going on?" Steve asked as he walked up to stand next to me.

"Aunt Mable said to get stuff out of her trunk for us" she said as she was looking at a trunk full of food and gifts. "That would be my aunt" he said laughing. Steve and myself loaded up our arms with all the goodies and brought them inside.

Once in we put the gifts under the tree and the food in the kitchen, "Hi Aunt Mable" Steve said giving her a kiss on the cheek, "well there's my boy, Ive been told you have been behaving and doing right by our girl here" aunt Mable said smiling between Steve and myself.

"Always, my little mouse is the most important person to me, always was and always will be" he said coming to stand next to me. Aunt Mable sat there watching us with a knowing look on her face.

This woman has always been sharp as a tack about most things, and when she had that same look as she does know, that means somethings brewing in the air.

"Well now I must be going, there should be enough food for you both for tonight, also one other thing, the turkey is already cooked for you, just put it in the oven and warm it up, and the gifts under the tree are for you both" aunt Mable said with a smile as she stood up and got ready to leave.

Steve and I walked her to her car, "I will be back in a couple of days" she said and aunt Mable drove off waving as she went. "That woman is a whirlwind" I said laughing.

"She always has been, but you got to love her" Steve said as he placed his arm around my waist and we walked back inside.

I was too busy thinking about all that wonderful food, for I missed the knowing looks on the guys faces that were fixing the roof of the garage.

Once inside, Steve helped me sort through all the food, placing what needed in the fridge and starting up the stove I did a little happy dance. Steve laughed and kept putting things where they went.

"You know little mouse, I love seeing you happy" he said as he kissed the top of my head, "well I can't help it, the little things always make me happy" I said and went to turn on the radio.

Steve went back outside to help the guys finish up, and I made sure the table was set for dinner in a few hours, I made sure the fire was going strong in the fireplace, the food was cooking or warming up.

Once everything was set, I went into the bathroom to freshen up. I wanted to look really nice for Steve tonight. It was after all our first official dinner of the holidays and hopefully more to come.