Chapter Twenty-Six

I was just finishing putting everything on the table, when Steve walked in. "It smells so good in here my love" he said as he came over and kissed me on the top of my head.

"I'm going to go clean up and be right out to help with whatever you need help with" he said and went to the bathroom. I had to smile, he always kissed me on the top of my head since I could remember.

It doesn't help that he's like six foot three and I'm five foot nothing. I made sure everything was about set, I just needed him to get the turkey out of the oven. Damn thing was heavy.

I think aunt Mable handed me a twenty-three pounder; I know we didn't need that much but I wasn't about to complain since without her we wouldn't be having this wonderful meal.

I light the candles and made sure the Christmas music I had on was all instrumental, I liked dinner music that way, just beautiful music for the background without voices caring over it.

Steve walked out of the bathroom and walked towards me like he was hunting prey. The spark in his eyes was making my butterflies faint with that look. He was one of those males that just made your mouth drop open and you start to drool basically.

He was built like a gladiator of the ancient times, very well muscular but not overly done. Just from years of hard work outside, with his short dark brown hair that was shaved on the sides and a little bit longer on top, and his golden eyes that shimmered you would swear when the light hit it just right.

He was a predator there was no doubt with how he moved, he was stealthy but you could feel the power roll off of him when he had a purpose. He was a man that took no shit from anyone, and heaven help those who crossed him.

He walked over to me, wrapped his arms around me and we started to slow dance right there in the kitchen, "you look so beautiful tonight baby" he whispered as he kissed my ear.

That gave me the shivers, as my ears were a weak spot for one sexy man that I was in the arms of.

"You look extremely sexy yourself there" I said looking up at him smirking. He was dressed in a black suit and a black dress shirt. The suit fit him like a glove, Steve looked like he walked off the pages of magazine he was modeling for.

"What do you need my help with?" he asked still holding on to me, "only thing I need help with is the turkey, I think your aunt over did it with the pounds on this one" I said laughing.

Steve went over to the stove and grabbed the hot pads and lifted the turkey out of the oven and set it on top of the stove. "Holy crap your right, this thing weighs a ton" he said.

I knew he was joking around, but at least he admits that the turkey was an overkill just for the two of us.

With the turkey on the table, he set at carving it and we sat there for the next few hours eating and talking. It was so comfortable and just right, the scene with us at dinner, I couldn't help feeling all warm and fuzzy.

After dinner we both worked together putting away all the food, and we both agreed dishes can wait till tomorrow. We took our drinks and sat on the couch, relaxing after that wonderful dinner and feeling the warmth from the fire while the music played in the background.

Steve stood up after a few minutes and held out his hand, I accepted it and stood up as he pulled me into his embrace. "I would love to dance with you" he said. I smiled and nodded.

At this moment I couldn't talk, it was like out of a fairytale that Ive had in the back of my mind for years. We danced slowly around the family room, lost in each other's gaze.

I know I was blushing or else I was over heating being this close to the man I wanted nothing more than to have in every which way possible.

At the end of the last song, he twirled me once and brought me in to him, as I placed my hands on his chest, he looked down at me like I was dessert and claimed my lips with his.

The kiss was electric and satisfying but I was needing more at that moment. We parted and he led me to the couch, "it's time for presents my little mouse" he said as I sat down.

He played Santa and handed out presents for us. We both were like kids and laughed as we tore open the papers and saw what we each got. His aunt outdid herself.

I ended up with new cookware which in case you're wondering I so desperately needed and loved, along with a new winter jacket suitable for the artic trips, and warm socks and a few sweaters.

Steve got a few more tools, sweaters, socks, gloves and some gift cards to a few restaurants. I knew what his aunt had in mind, which made me smirk quietly. We both loved what we were given.

I looked over at the tree and a box was left inside of the tree, "I don't remember placing that there, did your aunt sneak one in on us?" I asked, completely innocent on this one and I was curious.